Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ingrid's Arts of My Elite Dangerous' Character

CMDR Mug Kawiński by MugTheMagpie -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

A friend of mine, who isn't a furry and also happens to be boss to a small Xbox squadron Bloodbound Harvest I fly in, drew me a picture of Mug - his "real" name being Vinh Phoc Kawiński - being the Elite Dangerous'; CMDR. It was used until I realized that bird DNA would have hard time to be manipulated into human one, even for the 3300s.

CMDR Rho Tefnutet (WIP) by MugTheMagpie -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

This is Rho Tefnutet, the final version of my ED's character, still WIP by her.

Between us, Ingrid says that she has no potential, but she totally nailed two furry characters while having no experience with doing such before she went on with drawing these guys.

I'd say she did pretty well. As a bird, I very much approve of this.

Anthro birds are a difficult subject. There are many ways to do it, and I think she did a good job there.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

I made a change into fennec for already mentioned reasons, as avians would be really hard to mix with human genes. Plus, I have some secret background for Rho Tefnutet that I am not yet to officially release because I'm doing bits and pieces due to quite... ambitious idea I had down my sleeve. I am additionally boosted by a few people to actually put the idea to the Frontier Developments folks, too.

Comment

I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to start with human DNA and then sequence in avian DNA instead of starting with avian DNA and adding human traits. Just something I thought of.
        Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

It's more the human DNA is altered with animal DNA, at least according to the Furry Pilot Fleet's Astrobiology Research Cooperative (in-game faction), or at least how they explain their version of stuff as furries aren't canon - but the faction with genetic alternations is out there, in game.

I am not sure how it is done however, as I always assumed that every single "genetically-altered" is basically unique as I see it being the exact person's DNA mixed up with animal DNA and unique "shell" being created. You know, like I described in my Codyverse, where such a thing was done to avoid issues in transition of the mind. Like in Ghost in the Shell, but using the actual bioengineered body.

Comment

Working...
          X