Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single word/theme short story competition! Discovery.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miqu View Post
    But there's no reason not to just write in some stories just for fun!
    Great point, Miqu! I'm sorry I missed the deadline, but I'll post my story up here once I've finished it

And Rusakov, an interesting story you've got there! Certainly a curious concept. Also, I definitely agree with the attempts to spend more time away from the computer - I've been attempting it myself, too, although not sure how successfully so far!
    SliceOfDog's Signature
    My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

I thought I was going to be able to try one, too. But god, it was like work knew I wanted to take the time to do something extra special and conspired to keep me from it. Apart from all of the freight I've been hit with lately, which has been a lot, they decided I needed a new truck to move into, too.

Got a brand new Freightliner Cascadia out of the deal, but unf... if you've ever moved house, then think of how that is. Maybe there isn't as much stuff you have to move, because it is only moving from one truck into another one, after all, but by the time you get all your clothes moved, all your stuff and everything else, it can be a real chore. Because for one, after you've gotten everything moved over, you have to set up all your stuff to work in the new truck. Different dash, different places to plug stuff into. It all takes well more than a day, and days after that just to get everything right - GPS units mounted on a new dash just right, where your cell phone is going to go.

It's... well, it's a lot more complicated than it sounds, trust me.

So, sorry, Miqu. Maybe next time around.
      Rick Canaan's Signature
      Captain Richard S. Canaan
      Ranks Aboard Ship

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
        And Rusakov, an interesting story you've got there! Certainly a curious concept. Also, I definitely agree with the attempts to spend more time away from the computer - I've been attempting it myself, too, although not sure how successfully so far!
        Thanks! Civilizational collapse and how it might relate to the Fermi paradox is a bit of a morbid curiosity for me.

I was doing well for a few days regarding spending time away from the computer, slacked off now though. x_x
        Rusakov's Signature
        This fight will be your death!

Comment

It is all alright. It is still fun to read them even if they come in late. Perhaps next time the gods who control work life will be more lenient to all.
          Miqu's Signature
          Curio Valence Character Sheet

Curio Valance Backstory

Orbona, Doomed Orbital FAQ

Comment

Working...
          X