Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User Password Reset

Daryn,

I know you are working hard to fix the plethora of bugs that we are experiencing and I hate to add to your list....however.

Myself and others have been forced to reset our passwords for whatever reason. This has happened to me twice this week. I would bring up the page as usual and find that it had force logged me out and when I tried to log back in, it informed me that my username/password was invalid. No matter how much I tried my password, it said it was invalid and forced me to reset my password to be able to log in.

Thanks a ton for all your hard work and hope you get to the bottom of all these bugs.
    Sohdakin's Signature
    Sohdakin Stonetallon - Major
    Battle Dress Assault Commander
    Insatiable Curiosity Crew Card

Yeah, the same thing happened to me just the other day. Daryn and I believe it was because I was in that special group. This shouldn't be raising its head again since Daryn has removed the group. But did creating that group ever reveal a list of bugs vBulletin needs to fix! Oi!
    Rick Canaan's Signature
    Insatiable Curiosity Roleplay Information:
    Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

Yeah. This is proving to be a huge PITA. It's just problem after problem coming up, and hopefully I can put some of them to rest soon.
      Daryn's Signature

Comment

Daryn,

You do a lot for this site and I hope you know how appreciative we all are at all your hard work.
        Sohdakin's Signature
        Sohdakin Stonetallon - Major
        Battle Dress Assault Commander
        Insatiable Curiosity Crew Card

Comment

Aww shucks... Thanks Sohdakin! I'll be digging in again tomorrow and see what I can make happen.
          Daryn's Signature

Comment

It happened to me a second time (the first I had to report as a guest, because I'd gotten locked out) just now. It's good to know that it won't be happening a third time, and I really appreciate what you do for this site, Daryn.
            Last edited by Arratra; 10-14-2017, 06:15 AM. Reason: typo
            Arratra's Signature
            Fanfiction
            https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3129425/Arratra

Deviantart
            http://arratra.deviantart.com/

Insatiable Curiosity

Lieutenant Commander Jaxamar Tarrus Stormfang

Comment

As with the above, I do hope you know how much your tireless work is appreciated, Daryn! And it happened to me twice, but so far hasn't happened since you got rid of the private forums.

It'll be a shame if that was the cause though - they really were a great idea.
              SliceOfDog's Signature

My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
                As with the above, I do hope you know how much your tireless work is appreciated, Daryn! And it happened to me twice, but so far hasn't happened since you got rid of the private forums.

It'll be a shame if that was the cause though - they really were a great idea.
                Oh, if it's at all possible, we'll be bringing it back. As you said, it was a good idea - too good to let fall by the wayside without at least a little effort.

As to Daryn...

You know, the Paypal 'Donation' thingy is linked to his account. Might go a long way to show a little real appreciation. Besides, when you do donate, half of it goes to server costs, half to Daryn to keep. Daryn doesn't get paid to do any of this, well apart from what I'm able to send him on occasion, and he doesn't work. Well, can't really. He's legally blind, you see, and basically has to live off of Canadian Welfare. He's not starving, mind, but it is always nice to have that little bit extra if one wants to buy say, a new keyboard, game-controller or mouse or something. Daryn puts on average, two hours a week into our site. When problems like the ones we've been experiencing lately crop up, he can spend upwards to twenty.

I keep Daryn in audiobooks for his work, when I can, and I just recently sent him some money to buy new space heaters for he and his mom for this winter. But I can only afford to do stuff like this on occasion. If you guys could throw a little his way every once in a while, I can say for certain sure it will go a very long way.
                Rick Canaan's Signature
                Insatiable Curiosity Roleplay Information:
                Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

Damn, I'd love to do that. Unfortunately, I just don't have the money available.
                  Arratra's Signature
                  Fanfiction
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3129425/Arratra

Deviantart
                  http://arratra.deviantart.com/

Insatiable Curiosity

Lieutenant Commander Jaxamar Tarrus Stormfang

Comment

Working...
                  X