Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Announcing the SciFiFur RSS Feed!

Hello everyone!

In honour of the decision to keep the site open, we're getting a rather spiffy new feature, courtesy of our Boss Hoss and Tech Bird!

You may have already seen it in one incarnation or another; we're introducing an RSS feed! (That is "Really Simple Syndication", for technical dullards such as myself)

This feed gathers interesting material from across the web and presents it as a scrolling list for our members to see.

So what we'd like to know at this stage is... what would you like to see? Real life science news? Information on the latest gadgets? Release dates for new sci-fi films/books? We'd love to hear the things you'd like to see in the feed, so please let us know below, and we'll do our best to implement it!

That is, Daryn will do his best to implement it.

I'll be over here gnawing on a sock and barking at my reflection.

*Connery Bond voice* Hullo there... */*

That's pretty cool! Some interesting news bits in there as well.
    Rusakov's Signature
    "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Comment

Right now it's just Space.com, but I'd like to have other things there. So do let me know the sorts of things you want to see there. I'm thinking it should be a variety of things from science to tech to release dates of movies and stuff. It's really up to you guys, though.
      Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
        Right now it's just Space.com, but I'd like to have other things there. So do let me know the sorts of things you want to see there. I'm thinking it should be a variety of things from science to tech to release dates of movies and stuff. It's really up to you guys, though.
        Those all sound like good ideas to me!
        Rusakov's Signature
        "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Comment

Agreed.
          Arratra's Signature
          Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

I definitely think release dates would be nice. Only potential issue there is that we're a very international little group here, and movie dates vary wildly across nations. If there's a way to state where it's being released as well as when, that would be very useful!

Comment

I think a good solution to this, might be to just have a feed from IMDb. When you click on a movie on their site, it automatically shows theaters and showtimes for your area.
              Rick Canaan's Signature
              A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

I'll see what I can come up with over the weekend. We might have to do different feeds, which might present their own problems. This widget I'm using now behaves a bit oddly as well, so I'm thinking I may have to look at other options to find something that will do what we want it to.
                Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
                  I'll see what I can come up with over the weekend. We might have to do different feeds, which might present their own problems. This widget I'm using now behaves a bit oddly as well, so I'm thinking I may have to look at other options to find something that will do what we want it to.
                  Okay. Sorry for being so demanding. D:
                  Rusakov's Signature

Comment

Demanding? Not at all. We want to know what you all want. I'm glad you're making suggestions!
                    Daryn's Signature

Comment

Working...
                    X