Front page glitch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front page glitch

I've got a new, and weird, glitch on the front page. The entire latest threads box has turned a rather glaring white, obscuring much of the text on it. You can still see the thread titles and latest poster, and navigate to the page, but the post text is unreadable.

Not sure what's going on here, but it's more a nuisance than a real problem, and it's probably related to some clash with my browser (again...).

I might end up having to log on here using Avast Safesearch, or download Firefox so I can use that, since I think Daryn mentioned Edge can't parse parts of the site.
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Yes, Edge can't render this site properly. One time you reload our site in Edge, you get the glaring white. Other times, the featured slider gets tiled down the whole front page. Yeah, seriously, that was a weird one. So yeah, get Firefox. That was the browser we've most extensively tested everything on, and everything worked with every test.

In Edge, it did not, that browser only rarely rendering the site properly.
    Rick Canaan's Signature
    A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

What resolution are you using? I think this might be a case of different classes for different resolutions. If so, I can fix that.
      Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Just the default resolution for Chrome; I never changed it.

You don't really have to worry about it, though; I just made the switch over to Firefox (at least for this site; it'll be a while before I can move over my other tabs). Everything's working as intended now.
        Arratra's Signature
        Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Originally posted by Arratra View Post
          You don't really have to worry about it, though; I just made the switch over to Firefox (at least for this site; it'll be a while before I can move over my other tabs). Everything's working as intended now.
          Oh, alright. I'll still give it a look to see what might cause it, but on Chrome the site works fine on my end. So not sure what to make of it.

I apologize for the password reset problem, Arratra. I found the error and fixed it. You shouldn't have any more trouble with the recaptchanot working.
          Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Thanks, Daryn.
            Arratra's Signature
            Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Working...
            X