Updates done

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates done

Alrighty. Today I've done some changes to the forums. I've updates to the latest vBulletin and I've gone ahead and done a full database migration to UTF8. This should be able to store special characters without munging them. Unfortunately stuff that's already in there that's not encoded right may be borked. Like the quotes on your posts Slice and Terra. Going forwards though, I think things should be fine.

As always, do let me know if something isn't working as it should be.
    Daryn's Signature

So no more null characters for quote marks when I copy-paste from word? That sounds great xD
    Dusty's Signature
    IC Character Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty View Post
      So no more null characters for quote marks when I copy-paste from word? That sounds great xD
      That's the theory anyway. We'll have to see how it goes the next time we paste anything in.
      Daryn's Signature

Comment

as far as I can tell, it worked out pretty well, there were a few quotes I just did a 'plain text paste' in with, that didn't turn into random weird characters like it did last time
        Buzzwolf's Signature
        "...it'll keep you warm though it is a bit disgusting...it's a sheeping bag, that's what it is..." -Bear Grilles

"The real Heroes are the ones that never came back..." -unknown

"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world." -Robin Williams

Buzzes Magical Tablet
        My DeviantArt PageMy FurAffinity Page

Comment

Just pasting my reply to the roleplay and no weird characters there either. So it looks like I got that bug, finally!
          Daryn's Signature

Comment

Nicely done, Birdy. That should make everyone's life a little easier.
            Rick Canaan's Signature
            Insatiable Curiosity Roleplay Information:
            Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

Working...
            X