Site Work Change Log

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Work Change Log

Beginning in the month of April, 2018, Daryn and I started having a serious look at how we can make the site look better and to be easier to use, too. Follows is the change log of our progress:

April 7th, 2018

Streamlined navigation of the site. In particular:
    • Removed the links from the sub-navbar
    • Moved the above links to the main navbar, removed other links (ones which were not in use)
    • Added a 'Forum List' tab to the 'Latest Posts' tab bar (replacing the 'Forums' link on the main navbar)
    • Removed unnecessary graphic elements from the header
    • Added a 'Home' button to the footer navbar
    • Added a policies page
    • Added a link to the policies to the footer navbar

April 8th, 2018

Added 'SciFiFur.net Recommends' module to the home page. This modules includes the following links (more may be added later):
    • Firefox
    • Peazip (Daryn's and my favorite file-compression utility [free download])
    • Libre Office (a free word-processor app (also Daryn's and my favorite))
    • Dictionary.com (because yeah, sometimes spell-check just isn't enough, and there's a full thesaurus linked from their page too)

April 9th, 2018

Changed the background scheme and module header bars. A darker but more subtle motif.

Note: for the next couple of weeks, as Daryn and I continue to work on the site, you may wish to do a CTRL+F5 on occasion. This will overwrite existing browser cache, forcing your browser to load any new images.

Also: SciFiFur.net was formatted to work best with Firefox. It will not always work properly in Edge.
    In addition: SciFiFur.net was formatted to be best viewed at 1920 x 1080 resolution
    Rick Canaan's Signature
    A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan
Working...
X