Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gecko phone madness!

WaPo

Veterinarian and seal expert Claire Simeone was just about to settle down and enjoy her lunch when her cellphone rang.

Work was calling, and as director of the Marine Mammal Center’s Ke Kai Ola Hawaiian Monk Seal Hospital in Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, Simeone picked up immediately.

“As a veterinarian, I’m really on call for any type of questions or emergencies that come through,” she told The Washington Post, noting that the hospital is administering care to four endangered Hawaiian monk seals.

But when Simeone answered her phone Wednesday, she wasn’t greeted by a member of her staff calling with an urgent seal-related question. Instead, she was met with complete silence. No breathing, not even a crackle of static.

In the span of 15 minutes, Simeone’s phone rang nine times, each call identical — all from the same number and eerily silent.
    Rusakov's Signature
    "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Hehe, I had a feeling that's where that article was going. Not sure what I would call this phenomenon, foot-dialing, maybe? All's well that ends well, at least. I got a good chuckle from this one.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
      Hehe, I had a feeling that's where that article was going. Not sure what I would call this phenomenon, foot-dialing, maybe? All's well that ends well, at least. I got a good chuckle from this one.
      Yep! I thought I'd post something a bit lighthearted. XD
      Rusakov's Signature
      "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Comment

Working...
      X