Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here we go again...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Here we go again...

    Rust programming didn't pan out. I've started some Python stuff instead. But I've taken a slightly different track this go-around.

    I already know quite a bit of Python and programming concepts/terminology from the many false starts I've taken. So I was able to learn those quickly and try out a framework called PySide.

    Link b/c gif is large

    It's alive!
  • #2

    Hey, best of luck man. Hope this time works out better. Frameworks can be very useful to get going faster. I also think there's an advantage to having a set of building blocks to put together.
    Daryn's Signature



    “Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

    Comment

    • #3

      Not bad so far. I was getting a little disillusioned the day before yesterday, but a video helped me snap out of it.

      I've made something new today.

      1F0TpuG.png

      Again, nothing special, but it's been helping me learn how to use images in a program (that button's triangle is an svg image) and I've been getting better at distinguishing what methods can work with what classes.

      I'll try to extend a class or two so I can have neater code, but for now this is good progress for me. :3

      Comment

      • #4

        I think you're already doing better than I did. I never got to doing GUI stuff in Python. Keep pushing through!
        Daryn's Signature



        “Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

        Comment

        • #5

          Daryn Thanks!

          Comment

          • #6

            Just made a class to reduce boilerplate! Problem: it uses class variables instead of instance variables.

            Next item to fix.

            Comment

            • #7

              So yeah. I seem to have screwed up somewhere last week and the button became centered and too wide. Today I've finally fixed it.



              Still trying to figure out classes with Qt though... and the code is messy too.

              Comment

              • #8

                I'm glad that you're keeping at it, man. It seems step by step you are in fact making progress.

                There's nothing quite like the feeling of satisfaction of figuring out something that's gone wrong and finding out how to fix it.
                Daryn's Signature



                “Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

                Comment

                • #9

                  Originally posted by Daryn View Post
                  I'm glad that you're keeping at it, man. It seems step by step you are in fact making progress.

                  There's nothing quite like the feeling of satisfaction of figuring out something that's gone wrong and finding out how to fix it.
                  Indeed. And what you said is incredibly apt as I've figured out a working class for the program!

                  No image b/c the resulting window looks exactly the same as the one before.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X