Orion's Arm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orion's Arm

I'm sure a few of you have heard of this project before, for those who haven't:

There are a few things in it that are of interest to furry sci-fi lovers like us. Perhaps the biggest one being Rianths. What's a Rianth? Rianths are "Humans engineered to have certain characteristics of other animals". Link!

There's a few pieces of artwork on them too. This one by Bernd Helfert was used as the Rianth page header for some time:

s1c52Dy.jpg

This piece by Juan Ochoa has one that will interest Daryn for sure.

VmLqrhC.jpg

Oh, genetically engineered space-birds! This is something I can certainly get behind. Do you plan to get these scenario books? Maybe we can play some here.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
      Oh, genetically engineered space-birds! This is something I can certainly get behind. Do you plan to get these scenario books? Maybe we can play some here.
      Wasn't planning on it I'm afraid. I don't have enough time and energy to do an RP honestly. ;3;

Comment

I found the old description for the second "aviform" image:

wq4ZhXY.png

Comment

So I take it the avimorphs don't care much for body modification based on that description. Not averse to technology, but they don't implant it like others do. Hmm...
          Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
            So I take it the avimorphs don't care much for body modification based on that description. Not averse to technology, but they don't implant it like others do. Hmm...
            I think "avomorph" is just a shorthand description of the form. The particular avomorph in that image was probably from a polity that was against implanting tech, there might be other polities that do allow implanting tech where you might find other avomorphs.

The Orion's Arm universe is a pretty big setting after all.

Comment

Working...
            X