Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Cure For The Common Cold Was Inside Us All Along

Geek.com

Temporarily disabling a single protein inside our cells may protect us from the common cold and other viral diseases.

Researchers at Stanford University and the University of California, San Francisco, discovered a way to stop a range of viruses in human cell cultures—and mice.

“Our grandmas have always been asking us, ‘If you’re so smart, why haven’t you come up with a cure for the common cold?'” Jan Carette, an associate professor of microbiology and immunology at Stanford, said in a statement. “Now we have a new way to do that.”

I could've used that a few days ago, personally.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

WHY do I hear giant lizard feet pounding through a city all of a sudden?
      Little Rick's Signature
      Site Director and Head Administrator
      Any questions or concerns, please feel free to address them to me in PM, any time.
      My F-List
      My FurAffinity

"When a man swims in a sea of the expectations of others, a man can drown in that sea." - Al'Lan Mandragoran - From the book 'A New Spring' by Robert Jordon

Comment

So protection from cold trait isn't just something out of TES fantasy...

Comment

Working...
        X