Rat on a coin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rat on a coin!

I may be a woof, but I like rats too. So this news is pretty awesome to me. Plus the design is sooooo cute!
    Belfast artist PJ Lynch designs Chinese New Year coin - BBC News

An award-winning illustrator from Northern Ireland is behind a new coin to mark the Chinese Year of the Rat.

PJ Lynch who was born in Belfast and lives in Dublin designed the coin featuring a rat with a set of long twitchy whiskers.

Lynch is famous for his children's books and has served as Laureate na nÓg - or all-Ireland children's laureate.

That is pretty cute looking, you're right! Imma tag SliceOfDog so when he comes around again at some point he'll see this.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Aw, adorable! I love it, although it doesn't look like they'll be entering standard circulation, so it's a bit pricey for me! Still, nice to see ratties getting some love!

(Also, thanks for the tag Daryn! Apparently it's set up so I get an email when I'm tagged, which is quite useful! It's to my old email address, but I still check that pretty regularly, so it's a good way to get my attention! Hope everyone had a happy new year!)

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
        (Also, thanks for the tag Daryn! Apparently it's set up so I get an email when I'm tagged, which is quite useful! It's to my old email address, but I still check that pretty regularly, so it's a good way to get my attention! Hope everyone had a happy new year!)
        Should you need to change your email, you can do that. Up to you though.

I had a decent New Year's. It was quiet and uneventful and I got to play some games.

It's nice to see you here too. Hope things are going well for you with the writing!
        Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
          I had a decent New Year's. It was quiet and uneventful and I got to play some games.

It's nice to see you here too. Hope things are going well for you with the writing!
          Sometimes the quiet and uneventful nights can be the best ones! What games did you end up playing?

And yes, it's nice swing by! Things are going quite well with my writing, thank you. My new year's resolution is to double my writing output, so we'll have to see how that goes. Hopefully before the year is out I'll have started on my next novel (I say "next" because the previous one was shelved, not completed, sadly) which brings us nicely back to this thread because one of the characters is a giant rat pirate! There are no natural anthros in the world of that novel, but it's sci-fi with plentiful body modifications, so of course some people go full talking animal

Comment

*Driveby snugs SliceOfDog *

Also, your story sounds like it'll be interesting. Sort of like the Moreau series but less dystopic, and people can change into the anthros as well. XD

Comment

Hah, nobody expects the Spanish Snug-quisition!

And thanks, I hope it will be interesting! The one particular rat character actually is a tad Moreau-like, in that his transformation wasn't voluntary, but most of the anthros and other modified individuals absolutely crafted their own new image/abilities!

Comment

Hah, nobody expects the Spanish Snug-quisition!

And thanks, I hope it will be interesting! The one particular rat character actually is a tad Moreau-like, in that his transformation wasn't voluntary, but most of the anthros and other modified individuals absolutely crafted their own new image/abilities!
                That's cool!

Although this was the Moreau series I was referencing: Moreau Series by S. Andrew Swann

Comment

Aah, I've never come across that before! I thought (as you may have worked out) that you were referring to the Island of Dr Moreau, which I am sure is the namesake for this later series. Is it one you recommend?

Comment

Aah, I've never come across that before! I thought (as you may have worked out) that you were referring to the Island of Dr Moreau, which I am sure is the namesake for this later series. Is it one you recommend?
                    I enjoyed the first two, but I lost the omnibus copy I had so I only barely started the last novel in the trilogy sadly. I'd say it's worth a look!

There are more books outside of the trilogy that are part of a larger series, but the author gets rather preachy in them from what I understand, so you might want to stick with just the three Moreau novels: Forests of the Night, Specters of the Dawn, and Emperors of the Twilight.

Comment

Working...
                    X