Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gary Whitta wants to write a Star Fox adaptation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Gary Whitta wants to write a Star Fox adaptation

    Just going to leave this here.

    Rogue One writer wants to pen a Star Fox animated movie | GamesRadar+

    If this happens, Ryan Reynolds needs to play Falco. I've always had a soft spot for Star Fox, and Nintendo hasn't done much with the franchise lately. Their appearance in the Switch version of Starlink by Ubisoft proved to be really popular, so maybe that's what will let something like this get made. I sure hope so, anyway!

    This hero image makes me happy.

    DKiK52PM65f23PdEENDzoA-1024-80.jpg
    Daryn's Signature



    “Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob
  • #2

    Well, this would certainly be an interesting way to bring Star Fox back into prominence. I hope Nintendo lets it go through and they do a good job on it.
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction


    Deviantart


    Insatiable Curiosity

    Major Leon Stormstrider

    Varatyr Scorchtalon

    Comment

    • #3

      Heh, I thought he was supposed to be a falcon.

      In this picture, they got him looking like a woodpecker.
      Little Rick's Signature
      Site Director and Head Administrator
      Any questions or concerns, please feel free to address them to me in PM, any time.
      My F-List
      My FurAffinity

      "When a man swims in a sea of the expectations of others, a man can drown in that sea." - Al'Lan Mandragoran - From the book 'A New Spring' by Robert Jordon

      Comment

      • #4

        Originally posted by Little Rick View Post
        Heh, I thought he was supposed to be a falcon.

        In this picture, they got him looking like a woodpecker.
        Heh, well I doubt it'll look precisely like that, but who knows. He looks great to me, but well, I may be a tad biased.
        Daryn's Signature



        “Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

        Comment

        • #5

          Originally posted by Little Rick View Post
          Heh, I thought he was supposed to be a falcon.

          In this picture, they got him looking like a woodpecker.
          Most sources I've found just say his species is "avian". So maybe not a falcon, or any (single) real-life bird species for that matter.

          Fun fact: he was originally going to be a pheasant.

          Comment

          • #6

            His name was Falco, wasn't it? I don't remember. It's been way too many years since I tried playing this game.

            An extremely difficult game, too, as I remember. But another thing I remember about it, was that it was absolutely groundbreaking so far as in-home video games went. It was on the bleeding edge of 3D rendering, back when every other game was still rendering most of their stuff in sprites. A fighter-pilot type game, too, as I remember - it making you fly through obstacles and other hazards, all while you battled enemies and blew up asteroids and the like, all to defeat some alien emperor or something. I never got very far in it. It was too difficult for me, and didn't hold my interest enough for me to try to learn more of what it was all about.

            Either way, what were the characters again? I know a fox was their leader, and that they had a falcon and a frog. But who was the fourth character? Like I say, it has been way too long.

            Originally posted by Rusakov View Post
            Fun fact: he was originally going to be a pheasant.
            Heh, could be! But then again, the pheasant is the progenitor to chickens! I can't see the developers wanting a chicken as one of their protagonists!
            Little Rick's Signature
            Site Director and Head Administrator
            Any questions or concerns, please feel free to address them to me in PM, any time.
            My F-List
            My FurAffinity

            "When a man swims in a sea of the expectations of others, a man can drown in that sea." - Al'Lan Mandragoran - From the book 'A New Spring' by Robert Jordon

            Comment

            • #7

              Originally posted by Little Rick View Post
              An extremely difficult game, too, as I remember. But another thing I remember about it, was that it was absolutely groundbreaking so far as in-home video games went. It was on the bleeding edge of 3D rendering, back when every other game was still rendering most of their stuff in sprites. A fighter-pilot type game, too, as I remember - it making you fly through obstacles and other hazards, all while you battled enemies and blew up asteroids and the like, all to defeat some alien emperor or something. I never got very far in it. It was too difficult for me, and didn't hold my interest enough for me to try to learn more of what it was all about.
              Yeah. The game came out on the Super Nintendo, which could not do any sort of polygons. It was developed by Argonaut Software in partnership with Nintendo. The original concepts for the game had it as more of an in-ship simulator, but the view was pulled back to behind the ship during development. You can still go into the cockpit to play it, but this makes the game way harder. I think for me, the coolest part was that it did a good job of making the player feel like they were part of this crew. That gibberish speech it used gave it a certain charm, and it just grabbed me.

              Originally posted by Little Rick View Post
              Either way, what were the characters again? I know a fox was their leader, and that they had a falcon and a frog. But who was the fourth character? Like I say, it has been way too long.
              There were four members of the team. This would expand in later games, though. First was Fox McCloud. He was their leader and about as Mary Sue a character as you could get. There wasn't a lot of depth back then. Falco Lombardi, a Falcon, is their second. He was a bit loud and brash. Lore says he is a better pilot than Fox, but he is perfectly happy in a supporting role. This became a plot point in one of the later games. Slippy Toad is their engineer and tech specialist. As a pilot, he's competent but gets himself in trouble a lot. Their fourth member is Peppy Hare. He's an old friend of Fox's father who flew in the original incarnation of that team. Fox's father James was KIA. They were going up against Andross, a big ape thing with plans to rule the galaxy. You know, standard stuff. All four of the animals that make up the team are rooted in Japanese folklore.
              Daryn's Signature



              “Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

              Comment

              • #8

                Originally posted by Little Rick View Post
                Heh, could be! But then again, the pheasant is the progenitor to chickens! I can't see the developers wanting a chicken as one of their protagonists!
                He's a member of a species that's just called "avian". So he's just a kind of bird that doesn't exist IRL.

                Comment

                • #9

                  Originally posted by Rusakov View Post
                  He's a member of a species that's just called "avian". So he's just a kind of bird that doesn't exist IRL.
                  Hehe, I see...
                  Little Rick's Signature
                  Site Director and Head Administrator
                  Any questions or concerns, please feel free to address them to me in PM, any time.
                  My F-List
                  My FurAffinity

                  "When a man swims in a sea of the expectations of others, a man can drown in that sea." - Al'Lan Mandragoran - From the book 'A New Spring' by Robert Jordon

                  Comment

                  • #10

                    Originally posted by Little Rick View Post
                    Originally posted by Rusakov View Post
                    He's a member of a species that's just called "avian". So he's just a kind of bird that doesn't exist IRL.



                    Hehe, I see...
                    Arwingpedia has a page on him. One of the cooler aspects of it being pictures of every iteration of him. It's fun to see how the characters evolved.

                    Falco Lombardi | Arwingpedia | Fandom
                    Daryn's Signature



                    “Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X