Mandriva Startup and Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mandriva Startup and Shutdown

During a chat on Discord a few friends were talking about operating systems. This made me realize that my favorite startup sounds were for Windows 95 and the Mandriva Linux distribution.

There's a recording of the Win 95 startup and shutdown sounds on YouTube already, but none for Mandriva. So with much blood, sweat, and tears I was able to get the sounds off an old ISO and publish them on YouTube. Behold! (Though maybe turn your speakers down a bit first.)

I'm feeling kind of a Jungle/Tribal theme to those sounds. It does make me wonder, though, does anyone even hear the startup sounds anymore? I know on Windows 10 the startup sound is disabled by default.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
      I'm feeling kind of a Jungle/Tribal theme to those sounds. It does make me wonder, though, does anyone even hear the startup sounds anymore? I know on Windows 10 the startup sound is disabled by default.
      I think it can be enabled/disabled on various Linux distributions. I don't know what the default is though.

Comment

I think it would be cool to be able to have a playlist of startup/shutdown sounds that would be chosen from with each boot. That would keep things fresh.
        Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
          I think it would be cool to be able to have a playlist of startup/shutdown sounds that would be chosen from with each boot. That would keep things fresh.
          There might be a display-manager script or somesuch that exists... or could be made.

Comment

Working...
          X