Star Trek: Picard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: Picard

So, Star Trek: Picard is three episodes in so far. Patrick Stewart reprises his role as Jean-Luc Picard. It takes place several years after the events of TNG.

I've been trying to put my finger on what it is about this show that feels odd, then I hit on it. It's frantic. The show jumps around to several different characters, but it's clear that many of them will intersect in the future.

As to Picard himself... Well, Patrick Stewart is going on 80 years old. He's not the spry thespian he used to be. Not to say that he's a bad actor. It's just that he looks and acts old. Couple that with the doctor's diagnosis in the second episode and you get a man who knows his time is limited and has a sense of urgency to make the most of it.

What does he want to do? Rescue a Synthetic lifeform that might be Data's daughter. Oh, and rescue all the Romulans that will be wiped out when their sun goes SuperNova.

On the whole, I'm enjoying the series. I like that they didn't brush aside the effects of him being assimilated in TNG, too. There's a sense of gravity and underlying dread in this show that I didn't expect, but it's well done.

Check it out if you can. It's not perfect, but it's certainly far from the worst Star Trek show I've seen.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
    It's not perfect, but it's certainly far from the worst Star Trek show I've seen.
    Instant salamanders or GTFO. :trollface:

Comment

Working...
    X