New contests/competitions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staff Survey New contests/competitions?

Hello everyone! Inspired by Miqu starting up our Writing Competition again (which can be found here), I wondered if there might be any other form of contest or competition that people might be interested in. We're all a pretty creative bunch, and I'm sure there are other ways we could flex those muscles.

So I've started a basic poll just to see what kind of talents we feel we all have, and whenever we get a group of three or more people feeling they have one particular skill, it may be worth exploring how we could encourage that skill on the site. If you have any specific ideas for contests/competitions (not necessarily ones where everyone is against one another - there could be versions without winners/losers, or a more open challenge where everyone could win or no one could, etc) please do detail them below.

That all being said:

Which of the following skills would you be interested in using in a contest/competition on SciFiFur?
    Writing (fiction)
    62.50%
    Writing (non-fiction)
    25.00%
    Art (2D)
    37.50%
    Art (3D)
    0%
    Music
    0%
    Performing
    25.00%
    Gaming
    37.50%
    Other
    0%
    SliceOfDog's Signature
    My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

I chose writing (both fiction and non-fiction), but I'm biased b/c I can't do anything else on that list. :\
    Rusakov's Signature
    This fight will be your death!

Comment

No problem, Rusakov! This isn't about having one or the other. I'm hoping we might have two or even three contests and events going on at the site.

Check out the new writing competition being spearheaded by Miqu: Single word/theme short story competition! Discovery. - SciFiFur.net Community Forums
      SliceOfDog's Signature

Comment

Right, so unsurprisingly the writing competition has come out with the most votes, but I think we already knew that. It's the one we've already been doing and people know what to expect with it.

But it seems that 2D artwork and gaming also could be viable competitions. Could any of the people who voted for those explain the kinds of competitions they might be interested in running/entering?
        SliceOfDog's Signature

Comment

I think gaming competitions would have to take the form of some sort of tournament. We'd need to figure out what game or games people wanted to compete in, and then run matches. Would be interesting to see if anyone is interested in pursuing this one, I'd join if I had the games. A Defense Grid Score Competition would be right up my alley, I think.
          Daryn's Signature

Commander Daryn SkyStrike
          Ascenseon - The Avian Planet

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Working...
          X