Internet trouble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet trouble

Sorry, guys. My connection's unreliable at best at the moment, and apparently will be for the next week. I'll post if I can, but... Given its current state, I don't think I'll be able to sneak a post through the openings.
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Re: Internet trouble

Not a problem Arratra, thanks for letting us know! Here's hoping you'll actually be able to see this message before the week is out!

Comment

Aww, that's too bad. We're going to miss you!

We'll keep your place in the roleplay warm for you though. I'll do my best to keep you worked in in such a way so it'll be easy for you to catch up when you get your internet all sorted.

Hope your connection problems don't keep you gone too long!
      Rick Canaan's Signature
      A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Well, my internet seems to be working, but since it was projected there would be problems for the next week, I'm still wary. If I disappear for a while, you'll know why.
        Arratra's Signature
        Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Would've put this in a new thread, but... Well, my internet troubles have returned. Major slowdown on the line here, making my life really difficult. On top of that, I can't seem to load the recent threads tab on the home page. Had to circumvent that (which was annoying, but doable), and part of the forum page didn't load. I'll probably be slow replying for about the next week.
          Arratra's Signature
          Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Double posting but... this site really doesn't like slow internet. I can't edit the above, and it decided that it wanted to hide my text and prevent me from writing. Also gave me trouble with editing.

It's completely bizarre, and quite annoying.

Anyway, I might miss a few things due to not being able to see the recent posts tab, but I'll try to keep up.
            Arratra's Signature
            Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Well, it looks like my troubles aren't ending on tuesday... and I'm having trouble getting certain pages on here to load. Like the Virus roleplay. I'll try to post, but I might not be able to manage. Which is driving me up the wall, let me tell you.
              Arratra's Signature
              Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

I am back in full. Internet's running full speed again, and I'm happily back to a good routine now that what I need to do isn't getting slowed down so much I'm left with things I need to take care of building up.

Anyways, glad to be back.

Though coming back to a barrage of Visitor Messages in a language I don't understand is not what I was expecting...
                Arratra's Signature
                Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Spam visitor messages? I'll go take care of those for you.

Welcome back, man.
                  Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Thanks, Daryn.
                    Arratra's Signature
                    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

I banned a spambot just late last night. I deleted all of its sent visitor messages, too. So you mean another one has popped up, too?
                      Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

It might potentially be the same person, given that I woke up to the messages. The spamming was done by someone going by the handle "phamlinchi", if that helps.
                        Arratra's Signature
                        Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Originally posted by Arratra View Post
                          It might potentially be the same person, given that I woke up to the messages. The spamming was done by someone going by the handle "phamlinchi", if that helps.
                          Yeah, that was the bot I banned.

Something for you to maybe look into, Daryn. I told the control panel to delete all of its sent visitor messages, so that should have taken care of it. But apparently that dealy isn't working the way it's supposed to.
                          Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

I'm not even fully sure they were actually still there to begin with, because I wasn't able to figure out how to access my visitor messages.

Like I said, I woke up to a barrage of emails regarding them, not finding the notifications on here.

Though if Daryn did end up getting rid of them, then yeah... that's definitely something to look into.
                            Arratra's Signature
                            Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Originally posted by Arratra View Post
                              Like I said, I woke up to a barrage of emails regarding them, not finding the notifications on here.
                              Ah. That explains it, then. The messages were gone from here; the delete I did worked. That's a relief, then. Not much I or anybody else could have done about the email notifications, though, even if we did manage to delete the messages that prompted them. Once emails are sent by the service, they're sent.

Oh well. All's well that ends well, though. We caught the bot and banned it. That's what's most important.
                              Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Canaan View Post
                                I banned a spambot just late last night. I deleted all of its sent visitor messages, too. So you mean another one has popped up, too?
                                I'm not an expert, but maybe you guys should put a capatcha. That's what most sites use to keep out spambots.

Comment

Originally posted by EmberKamura View Post

I'm not an expert, but maybe you guys should put a capatcha. That's what most sites use to keep out spambots.
                                  Oh trust me. If we didn't use the ones we did, we'd be getting infiltrated by dozens of spambots a day. And the one we use is one of the most advanced there is. The trouble is, bots keep getting more and more advanced, too. We update our CAPTCHA, somebody out there tries to write a better bot to counter it. It's a never ending cycle.

But I will say this: we get maybe three or four bots on our site a year. So I'd say we, and our CAPTCHA provider are doing pretty good.
                                  Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Canaan View Post

Oh trust me. If we didn't use the ones we did, we'd be getting infiltrated by dozens of spambots a day. And the one we use is one of the most advanced there is. The trouble is, bots keep getting more and more advanced, too. We update our CAPTCHA, somebody out there tries to write a better bot to counter it. It's a never ending cycle.

But I will say this: we get maybe three or four bots on our site a year. So I'd say we, and our CAPTCHA provider are doing pretty good.
                                    Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                    X