Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a Sabbatical

Hi, everyone.

Daryn and I have recently become involved in a pretty big project.

First and foremost. I am a designer. I love making things for others to enjoy. If I don't say so myself, visually stunning things for others to enjoy.

If you're interested in what we're working on, it can be kept up with here. It is a DooM project. A set of maps which will play on a remake of the classic DooM engine.

This project is taking up almost all of my free time. Which, likes or not, seems to far too short of, anyway. So while I work on it, I am going to hand the reigns of the site over to Slice.

Yes, Slice. You're on the hotseat again.

This project promises to take months before it even begins nearing completion. I may check in from time to time, but expect most if not all of my attention to be devoted to it. That means I will be largely away from SciFiFur.net. Which also means, any roleplays I am running will be put on hold. Indefinite holds, unfortunately.

If you need me for anything, my PM inbox is always open. I will continue to check at least that on a daily basis. So until we're done, expect to not see too much of me around here. I am back into my first love. And I am afraid, when I become this involved in something, it pretty much sucks me right into it.

Cheers, all!
    Rick Canaan's Signature
    A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Good luck to you!
    Rusakov's Signature
    I'm a fan of anthro cartoons.

Comment

Best wishes, you two.
      Arratra's Signature
      Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Thanks! I'm not going anywhere, though. I don't have to drive for 11 hours a day, so I can still be around and work on this project.

I hope that once we get something playable, you folks will give it a look.
        Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Ooh, this sounds like a fantastic project! I wish you both the best of luck working on it, and I look forward to eventually seeing what comes of this. Will there be any sneak previews at any point? :p

In the meantime, I'll try not to burn the place down! It should be here in mostly one piece for your return, Rick, and I'm pleased you'll still mostly be around with us Daryn!

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
            Ooh, this sounds like a fantastic project! I wish you both the best of luck working on it, and I look forward to eventually seeing what comes of this. Will there be any sneak previews at any point? :p

In the meantime, I'll try not to burn the place down! It should be here in mostly one piece for your return, Rick, and I'm pleased you'll still mostly be around with us Daryn!
            Thanks, Slice.

Whether or not I'll be presenting any exclusive content or sneak peeks on this site, though, is not something I'm too certain about. Daryn and I worked five years on a previous project. Dragon Sector. We presented it here before we did anywhere else. I couldn't even beg anyone here to take a look at it. I have no reason to believe it will be any different here with this project. I will therefore be more likely to keep it within circles who will appreciate it. And the work we put into it.

Like I said in my opening post, though, if anyone is interested, there is a link. It can be followed there if anyone wishes.

Thanks a lot, everybody. It may be a while though, before we're nearing the completion of the project.
            Rick Canaan's Signature
            A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

That's a fair enough comment, Rick, I can sympathise with that. And I hadn't noticed the link first time I read this - I was in a bit of a rush before heading out of the house. I'll check it out

Best of luck with the project!

Comment

Working...
              X