Back from inaction

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from inaction

You all might have noticed I've been gone for a while. Why? It's... complicated.

I've spent too much time posting on Twitter, Facebook and Fark.

I've been learning Python3 and I was stuck on a chapter for a long time (finally got past it after about a week. ugh loops!).

And I've been worrying about the world.

But some of these are/are being rectified right now so I should be at least a little more active now.

See also: those sci/tech threads I've been putting up in here for a few days.
    Rusakov's Signature
    This fight will be your death!

Welcome back! I'm glad that you were able to find your way here again. I know, things are a mess all around, but we're all trying to cope the best we can.
    Daryn's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
      I know, things are a mess all around, but we're all trying to cope the best we can.
      Yeah.

Sometimes I wish reality would calm down for 2 seconds. O.o
      Rusakov's Signature

Comment

Hey, sorry for the delayed welcome back Rusakov! As you have worked out, stuff was a little all over the place recently! o_0

But they look to be calming down now. Glad to know you'll be around more often! Would you say your break from here was successful? (As in, did you manage to work on the stuff you were hoping to work on?)
        SliceOfDog's Signature

My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
          Hey, sorry for the delayed welcome back Rusakov! As you have worked out, stuff was a little all over the place recently! o_0

But they look to be calming down now. Glad to know you'll be around more often! Would you say your break from here was successful? (As in, did you manage to work on the stuff you were hoping to work on?)
          It's okay Slice. I'm delayed at everything, so I don't judge.

Successful? I did finally get a start on some Python learning. So that's good.
          Rusakov's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Rusakov View Post
            I did finally get a start on some Python learning. So that's good.
            I have no knowledge of anything technical, so I'm just going to presume you mean Monty Python and nod my head knowingly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	_FV46m.gif
Views:	2
Size:	602.0 KB
ID:	53980
            Attached Files
            SliceOfDog's Signature

Comment

I have no knowledge of anything technical, so I'm just going to presume you mean Monty Python and nod my head knowingly.
              Well, you're actually not far off. Python is a programming language that was actually named as such because the folks that created it are fans of Monty Python.
              Daryn's Signature

Comment

The built-in editor for Python is actually called IDLE.

As in Eric Idle.
                Rusakov's Signature

Comment

Oh wow! Haha, excellent, I suppose I'm half way towards being a tech genius then!
                  SliceOfDog's Signature

Comment

Best way there is to get through life when talking with people more knowledgeable than you, isn't it!
                    Taun's Signature
                    I am NOT the one who put hoofprints on grandma's forehead! So leave OFF already! K? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X