Hey there

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey there

Hello, my name is Nyro, and I just found this forum site today. Though, is it very much active anymore? Doesn't seem so, unless someone can tell me otherwise

Anyway, I've always had an interest in sci-fi stuff, especially the idea of exploring other planets, new species, and also just like cyberpunk stuff (my character Nyro is a cybernetic leopard). Thought this forum would maybe be interesting to me, as it is two subjects I like (furry and sci-fi). I don't personally roleplay much, I prefer just talking to others. I'm kinda shy and awkward tho, so sorry about that in advance.

Yeah well, we've never really developed a big userbase. We've had a few folks come and go here and there, but we've never gotten the kind of following one might associate with the more mainstream sites. We're just kind of niche, and for better or for worse, we don't do sexual content here - which likes or not, tends to be the main thrust in what most furries are in the fandom for. We're about sci-fi, about furries enjoying sci-fi, playing furry characters in the setting, and just pretty much talking about sci-fi.

We're a small but close-knit community. The people we have here are all very nice. Some of us are even remarkably well educated. But we're all here because we love Furry, and because we love science-fiction. And we love it even more when we get new furry members who like it as much as us.

So on that note, please permit me to be the first who welcomes you aboard, Nyro! Roleplay isn't necessary for enjoying our site, either, though many of us like to do it. Some of us just enjoy talking about why we're here. Whatever your likes are, I'm sure you'll fit in. Whatever else, if you love sci-fi, then you've passed the first qualification for entry already!

So welcome, Nyro! Here's to hoping you like the site as much as we do!
    Rick Canaan's Signature
    A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Welcome!

As far as I know this site wasn't all that active to begin with for the reasons Rick stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Canaan View Post
        Yeah well, we've never really developed a big userbase. We've had a few folks come and go here and there, but we've never gotten the kind of following one might associate with the more mainstream sites. We're just kind of niche, and for better or for worse, we don't do sexual content here - which likes or not, tends to be the main thrust in what most furries are in the fandom for. We're about sci-fi, about furries enjoying sci-fi, playing furry characters in the setting, and just pretty much talking about sci-fi.

We're a small but close-knit community. The people we have here are all very nice. Some of us are even remarkably well educated. But we're all here because we love Furry, and because we love science-fiction. And we love it even more when we get new furry members who like it as much as us.

So on that note, please permit me to be the first who welcomes you aboard, Nyro! Roleplay isn't necessary for enjoying our site, either, though many of us like to do it. Some of us just enjoy talking about why we're here. Whatever your likes are, I'm sure you'll fit in. Whatever else, if you love sci-fi, then you've passed the first qualification for entry already!

So welcome, Nyro! Here's to hoping you like the site as much as we do!
        Ah okay, that is understandable then. Glad to see there are active members here, I suppose I was more worried that most people had left the site. Also, I am definitely okay with it being SFW-only, I am not one to engage in NSFW stuff with others, so that works better for me!

Roleplay isn't necessarily a 100% no-go for me, I just don't have a lot of experience with it (the most I have is a recent D&D session I am apart of right now). First though I'd need to familiarize myself with the site and members - I suppose I am just less inclined to roleplaying when it is a person I do not know saying "do u rp?" (I've had that happen to me so many times on FA and DA lol). If something piques my interest though, I may still give it a try - we'll see

But thank you very much for the welcome!!

Originally posted by Rusakov
        Welcome!

As far as I know this site wasn't all that active to begin with for the reasons Rick stated.
        Thank you! ^^

Comment

Let me be the third to welcome you to the site, then, Nyro! I'm the resident Geeky avian. I keep the server humming and like to talk about games, tech, music, and a bunch of other stuff.

If you have any issues navigating the site, or just have a question, feel free to let me know!

I hope to see you around the forums!
          Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Nyro View Post
            Thank you! ^^
            Aww, you're welcome! x3

Comment

Hello there, and welcome!
              Arratra's Signature
              Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Daryn Arratra
                Thank you both for the welcomes! ^^

Comment

Welcome Nyro! As the others have said, there's no need to get involved in the RPs if you don't want, there are plenty of other topics to sink your teeth into (or start your own, which you're welcome to do!)

I see you mention D&D, though! What class do you play? I've dabbled in a few, but my favourite has always been Rogue.

Also, I love your avatar! Looks like a fun character - what's their story?

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
                    Welcome Nyro! As the others have said, there's no need to get involved in the RPs if you don't want, there are plenty of other topics to sink your teeth into (or start your own, which you're welcome to do!)

I see you mention D&D, though! What class do you play? I've dabbled in a few, but my favourite has always been Rogue.

Also, I love your avatar! Looks like a fun character - what's their story?
                    Ah, thank you for the welcome! ^^

Oh wow, that is the class I am currently playing! I'm in a furry-themed D&D group and am playing as a mink Rogue! This is a sketch I have done of my character-
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	15241982_tCHwrncL9Y32OQ1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	58798
                    It has been my first "real" D&D session, still a bit of a homebrew though. The only one I ever played before was barely even D&D, there weren't classes or anything, and with a couple people I no longer associate myself with . . . plus one of the guys I was with was wanting stuff in the session I definitely wasn't okay with.

And thank you! His name is Nyro, and he's a cybernetic Amur leopard. He is one of the main characters in a story I am writing, which is set in a far future version of Earth, and has a a lot of virtual-reality and cyber themes. He rebelled against the company he was working for after he found out the leader (Dr. Thomas) used the body of his friend to recreate him as an android to promote his company and work for him mindlessly. His information is a bit better explained on his page here: Nyro on Toyhouse (But a lot of it is still a bit of a WIP!)
                    This story I plan on making into a comic though! Hopefully soon, but I am working on two stories at the same time.

Comment

Hey, that's a really nice looking picture, Nyro!

If you would like to see your art in one of our banners, all you have to do is submit a piece. It of course, has to be sci-fi themed, and have a transparent background if possible.

All of our banners are artist contributions. If you'd like to see your art in one, all you have to do is give us one to put up there!
                      Rick Canaan's Signature
                      A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Canaan View Post
                        Hey, that's a really nice looking picture, Nyro!

If you would like to see your art in one of our banners, all you have to do is submit a piece. It of course, has to be sci-fi themed, and have a transparent background if possible.

All of our banners are artist contributions. If you'd like to see your art in one, all you have to do is give us one to put up there!
                        Ooh alright, that sounds sweet, thanks! I've been wanting to draw a new picture of Nyro, so I might do that one once I am finished with it!

Comment

Hello there! I am one of those people that drops in and out of the forums, but you might catch me on STEAM or sneaking quick looks at what is going around here ^^ I want to second that that is a pretty cool picture you got there, then again I may be biased towards felines
                          Dusty's Signature
                          IC Character Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty View Post
                            Hello there! I am one of those people that drops in and out of the forums, but you might catch me on STEAM or sneaking quick looks at what is going around here ^^ I want to second that that is a pretty cool picture you got there, then again I may be biased towards felines
                            Hello, and thank you! I always thought your character looked really cool too!
                            I may be somewhat of a lurker too at times, but so far I am really liking this forum, the community seems to be very friendly and it's been so nice meeting you all! ^^

Comment

Working...
                            X