Firefox privacy plugins I use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox privacy plugins I use

I figure that maybe there's a few other furs here who use Firefox as their web browser. So here's a list of the privacy plugins I use (assuming the reader is using an up-to-date Firefox version).

1. uBlock Origin

2. HTTPS Everywhere

3. Privacy Badger

Recently, I've added a fourth plugin called Facebook Container, I originally thought uBlock and Privacy Badger would prevent the share button spying that Facebook uses, but it looks like they didn't quite do so. So if you don't want to be followed all over the web by the Beast of Menlo Park, be sure to install it!

I use most of those, plus I go into Firefox's network settings and enable DNS over HTTPS. I really like what Firefox is doing lately. I should also mention that Chredgeis pretty great too, and it's still in beta.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
      I use most of those, plus I go into Firefox's network settings and enable DNS over HTTPS. I really like what Firefox is doing lately. I should also mention that Chredgeis pretty great too, and it's still in beta.
      Though Edge is based off of Chromium which was developed by Google, so I'm skeptical of the privacy it could provide.

I agree with you on Firefox though! :3

Comment

Originally posted by Rusakov View Post
        Though Edge is based off of Chromium which was developed by Google, so I'm skeptical of the privacy it could provide.
        It is based on Chromium, but Microsoft has basically yanked out everything Google from it. It is worth trying out, but bear in mind it's still prety early.
        Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

It is based on Chromium, but Microsoft has basically yanked out everything Google from it. It is worth trying out, but bear in mind it's still prety early.
          Okay. But I still couldn't try it even if I wanted to. I'm a full-time Linux user!

Comment

For now, at least. I think the plan is that Chredge will also be available for Linux at some point.
            Daryn's Signature

Comment

For now, at least. I think the plan is that Chredge will also be available for Linux at some point.
              Still, I'm going to stick with me Firefox. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Rusakov View Post

Still, I'm going to stick with me Firefox. :p
                Amen to that.
                Rick Canaan's Signature
                A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Was using Chrome for a while up until very recently, after talking to my brother who had switched back to Firefox for privacy reasons. So now I am back on Firefox again. Have always been using uBlock, but will give these other plugins a try as well - thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Nyro View Post
                    Was using Chrome for a while up until very recently, after talking to my brother who had switched back to Firefox for privacy reasons. So now I am back on Firefox again. Have always been using uBlock, but will give these other plugins a try as well - thank you!
                    You're welcome! ^^

Comment

Working...
                    X