Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to Moreytown

https://www.choiceofgames.com/welcome-to-moreytown/

Claw your way to the top of Moreytown, a furry slum for human-animal hybrids. Will you take down the gangs who rule the town, or take them over instead?

Welcome to Moreytown is a 150,000-word interactive novel by S. Andrew Swann. It's entirely text-based, without graphics or sound effects, and fueled by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

You’re a moreau: a genetically engineered human-animal hybrid, a remnant of mankind’s last war. Surviving life in a Moreytown hasn't been easy, but now, someone is out to kill you and your fellow "moreys"—unexplained fires, explosions, and the gangs swirling around the neighborhood add up to big trouble. It's up to you to save your pelt, and maybe take over town.

Play as one of thirteen different species, including tiger, capybara, bear, or wolf. Infiltrate a sinister cult, or ally yourself with a gang of moreys. Choose a side and let the fur fly!

• Play as male, female, or non-binary, gay, straight, bi, or ace
    • Fight the police or help them to bring down a terrifying enemy
    • Save your neighborhood from utter destruction
    • Take over a street gang, or even run your own cult
    • Explore multiple potential romantic relationships
    On a personal note, I got the full version (download is free, upgrade is just $4). I got a few endings and I can say it is well-written piece of (pseudo) technoir, albeit it focuses more on hybrid-human rather than on robot-human relations. There's a simple character card (or rather, status) which describes you and relations with certain characters, but also traits and... relations to certain groups in the city.

The universe is well-thought, because you are able not only to precise species of your character, but also origin of your character - although the latter heavily depends on the subspecies, because if you choose a fox, you can be only from United Kingdom, but if you are undefined/normal dog or cat you can input your own country was well. (You have character creation in two parts, but I cannot say more due not to spoil the plot.) Sadly, you can only choose from Rodent, Canine, Feline and Ursine main species - no birds for us, Daryn.

I can say that game is actually... good. It is worth paying these $4 after playing first five chapters. It's very little considering I only went through three endings already - with VERY, and I say, VERY different outcomes. The language is easy, you have influence over your character as well (via decisions) and replayability is very high. Myself I found the game very interesting because of my works on Cody Faulkner stories and found a lot of similarities. It hit me right away the idea of the whole world is shockingly similiar to Cody's universe in terms of human-animal hybrids (Moreys in the game) and full human (dubbed Pinks in game).

Edit: I found out you can play first five chapters via the link. ENJOY! Game is also available on Google Shop.

Huh, intresting find! I might try that thing out. Thanks for sharing.
    Terrapun's Signature
    "A smart machine will first consider which is more worth its while: to perform the given task or, instead, to figure some way out of it."
    Stanisław Lem "The Futurological Congress"

"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space--each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
    xkcd

Comment

Neat find Gryphus! I'm not much of a gamer though.
      Rusakov's Signature
      This fight will be your death!

Comment

Working...
      X