Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Trek: Bridge Crew (Also known as "SQUEEEEEE!")

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Trek: Bridge Crew (Also known as "SQUEEEEEE!")

As if I needed another reason to save up for a VR headset. I present to thee the Star Trek game everyone has wanted.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/52...k_Bridge_Crew/

Here's a video of it in action, though I apologize for the potentially loud commentary :3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRFVmTAhhac
    Dusty's Signature
    IC Character Sheet

*Bridge Commanding intensifies.*

ALL POWER TO PHASERS!

Comment

This is something I've been keeping an eye on. I'm glad it's not limited to one VR platform. It just means that more people will get to play it. If you want to do the same sort of thing and you don't have VR, there's a game called Artemis that is pretty much the exact same concept. Something you can try out while you save up.
      Daryn's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
        This is something I've been keeping an eye on. I'm glad it's not limited to one VR platform. It just means that more people will get to play it. If you want to do the same sort of thing and you don't have VR, there's a game called Artemis that is pretty much the exact same concept. Something you can try out while you save up.
        Right that one has been around for awhile. I've never bought a copy because I've never managed to lasso enough friends together on PC to play it Granted that would be far easier then finding 3 friend who also have $1000+ VR setups and the game..... but I mean dream big right?

I was really hoping the Gen 2 hardware for the Vive and Oculus would focus on getting the price down to a bit more manageable level but that is still a ways out it seems. At least the premium you have to pay for PC hardware to drive the system is getting smaller.
        Dusty's Signature
        IC Character Sheet

Comment

I should point out though that Bridge Crew is not only multi-VR platform, it can also play across platforms. So you could play the game online with other people and it probably wouldn't be weird.
          Daryn's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
            I should point out though that Bridge Crew is not only multi-VR platform, it can also play across platforms. So you could play the game online with other people and it probably wouldn't be weird.
            Nice, thats an awesome inclusion they did there and should really help the potential install base. If they keep a good amount of content and missions up this game could have legs :3
            Dusty's Signature
            IC Character Sheet

Comment

Wait a damn second. I just rewatched it again (while not being fried in our wonderful Polish weather)... Aren't there guys from Rooster Teeth? I mean, I could swear I've heard Caboose. And you are there. Huh.

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphus View Post
                Wait a damn second. I just rewatched it again (while not being fried in our wonderful Polish weather)... Aren't there guys from Rooster Teeth? I mean, I could swear I've heard Caboose. And you are there. Huh.
                They are from Rooster Teeth It's their Achievement Hunter channel. Caboose isn't actually there, but Geoff (the guy who lost his footage) is the voice of Griff.
                Dusty's Signature
                IC Character Sheet

Comment

I tried to watch the video, but the guys who were playing it, were so annoyingly loud that I got very little of what the game was about. It was pretty, though. I just wish the guys playing it could have been a little more serious about it, so we could really be showcased about what the game could do.
                  Rick Canaan's Signature
                  Insatiable Curiosity Roleplay Information:
                  Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty View Post
                    (...) Caboose isn't actually there (...)
                    "God dammit Caboose!"

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Canaan View Post
                      I tried to watch the video, but the guys who were playing it, were so annoyingly loud that I got very little of what the game was about. It was pretty, though. I just wish the guys playing it could have been a little more serious about it, so we could really be showcased about what the game could do.
                      Well the folks at Rooster Teeth aren't for everyone. I can't really watch their stuff either. That said, what they're showing is a game where each person has a VR headset and they each play a starship officer. They have their own positions and in order to get through the game, they all have to do their job. It's a great concept. Nothing new, but when you wrap the official Star Trek license around that concept you do get something that will likely be pretty popular.
                      Daryn's Signature

Comment

Apologies! My boyfriend pointed out a more.... sedate video that better illustrates the game, or at least its single-player portion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aToyc1MK2Js
                        Dusty's Signature
                        IC Character Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty View Post

Apologies! My boyfriend pointed out a more.... sedate video that better illustrates the game, or at least its single-player portion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aToyc1MK2Js
                          Hah! Thanks, Dusty!

But now I'm wondering can anyone do one of these videos without being annoying? That guy made my teeth wiggle in my gums trying to listen to him! Hah. But at least I got a better idea of what the game looks like now, so thanks for that.
                          Rick Canaan's Signature
                          Insatiable Curiosity Roleplay Information:
                          Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

Hah! Thanks, Dusty!

But now I'm wondering can anyone do one of these videos without being annoying? That guy made my teeth wiggle in my gums trying to listen to him! Hah. But at least I got a better idea of what the game looks like now, so thanks for that.
                            Well it might be a generational divide :3 These guys all make these videos for a (handsome) living, so they are doing something that appeals to a pretty wide audience. Sadly that does mean a lot of Lowest Common Denominator content to hit the biggest audience. It's important not to underestimate the tween age demographic either, they like the silliness and they're a huge source of money and ad revenue. As for why i like a channel like Achievement Hunter.... well I've been watching them since High School and at this point I'm pretty much invested and riddled with stockholm syndrome For what it's worth that was a particularly yelly and disorganized video.

If you want something a little more sedate for gaming I highly recommend Colonel Failure. He's a grouchy middle-aged english guy and something about the droll and sarcastic delivery creates some great moments. He actually just uploaded a video for another game that I think appeals to the tastes of folks on this site Its a FTL-like procedural game called The Long Journey Home. Basically you're on the first ship to test a FTL drive, you're supposed to be going to Alpha Centurai on a quick test jump, bu something goes wrong and your flung plum across the galaxy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQF9MLQUxU
                            Dusty's Signature
                            IC Character Sheet

Comment

Working...
                            X