Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for CMDRs (Elite Dangerous, Xbox One)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for CMDRs (Elite Dangerous, Xbox One)

Yes, I finally got Xbox One's version of Elite (due to the PC that would burn even trying to run the stuff) and I used the funny fact that I got less-than-$1 Live for one Month. 30 PLN (around $8) doesn't seem too bad either for monthly fee - actually, I got Xbox Live to get ED cheaper by like 100 PLN. I just wished I had money for Horizon right now. XD Imagine my disappointment when I got Planetary package and... "You need Horizon". Duh.

Before, I had expected Elite to be... more boring. There's something really soothening in flying around whenever you want to go - damn, that universe is BIG. I claimed at least several bounties on pirates (I got lucky and claimed bounty on Elite NPC because Feds happened to be around with heavy toys), already got bountied by one corporation already and I am somewhat participating in corporate war. It's fun. Very fun. I got Viper MKIII which is quite funny ship. But, to be honest, I am glad there is option for Gimbaled and Turret things. Myself, I fly 2x Multigun and 2x Pulse Laser Turrets.

Oh, and I died four times already. One by my own stupidity as I ended up as space BBQ. Yay, fried fox.

That reminds me I need to rename my ship, cause I had "Bad Fennec" before I got Viper MKIII. I forgot to rename ship.

And it bothers me the most is the fact they got rid of furries/anthros that had been in original Elite. (Yes, I'm looking at you Planet Diso.)

Also it's quite awkward I have CMDR TheSadGryphon instead of something more personal. Didn't know it puts my gamertag instead of creating my own name. :/

I'll need to save up for that game. I've wanted a copy for a while now myself, though like you I didn't think it would run on my computer.

I wasn't aware it had come to console, though.
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

I found an entire Furry Pilots Fleet who are PC and X1 players. I fly with one guy that helped me to get Viper MK4, better outfitting and I'm pretty much able to solo (2x Pulse Laser + 2x Multicannon) on guys from Novice up to that rank over Harmless - given it's not Anaconda or Python. We also found it pretty fun for his Anaconda to disable shields, while my Viper MK IV outfitted with full multicannon outfit serves as a pretty damn hullbuster. Everything relatively small is shred into pieces in matter of few seconds once shields are down.

Also, Happy Christmas.

Comment

Hmm. I'll probably need to look up some beginner player videos, then.

Also, merry Christmas and happy New Year.
        Arratra's Signature
        Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Comment

Looks like you've been having fun exploring the galaxy. How are you getting on in there?
            Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

It's a way better place than the community I had been holding up since 2011. Hell, I found plenty of furries out there as well. It surprised the hell out of me how friendly that community can be.

As for the game itself... The balance is wonderful, I slowly scrap credit to credit and rank up in the Imperial ranks just to get access to the wonderful design of Imperial Courier. Seriously, Empire has ones of the most designs which simply state "royal taste that can kick your butt".

I am pretty much surprised that, in terms of balance, outfitted Imperial Eagle can actually stand against anything up to a Competent Federal Gunship. That Medium slot gives a wholly new live to basic Eagle, while keeping the agility.

Oh yes, Cobra Mk III is one of the most versalite crafts from group of under 10 million credit balance.

Comment

Small update on my endeavours.

Comment

Long time no post here. If I'll have some time, I'll do some nice screenshots for sure~

Comment

Working...
                  X