Aliens: Colonial Marines Xeno AI ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aliens: Colonial Marines Xeno AI ...

... was broken because of a single typo. I don't know how this wasn't found until now, but it now has been, and boy does it change things.

A shout out to jamesdickinson963 for finding this.

Check out his moddb page where he's working on a total overhaul for the game.

The biggest BUG in the game is just one letter long news - TemplarGFX's ACM Overhaul mod for Aliens: Colonial Marines - Mod DB

I'm thinking this game may be worth a second look now. Watch the video above to see the sort of difference it makes.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

That... is downright embarrassing for Gearbox. A single typo completely breaking the AI of the xenomorphs...

Though given the way that fixing the typo makes them behave very intelligently, it does look like they did a good job of writing the AI in itself.

Now if only they'd done the same for the rest of the game...
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

I don't remember the last title I bought in this franchise, but do I know I made up my mind after the last one I bought, that it was going to be the last I bought. All of these games, almost from their inception, have been anywhere between mediocre to downright poor.

Just watch the video. This game got a serious drubbing from critics for having a poor story, poor graphics and poor gameplay. Then as if to add insult to injury to the people who shelled out good money for the game, the developers couldn't even be bothered to Q&A it enough to find a simple yet very obvious typo.

Yeah, so... yeah. I liked the movies. All of them. But the games? I disliked them. All of them.
      Rick Canaan's Signature
      A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

SciFur Players: Alienbird, Arratra, Daryn, Rick Canaan and SliceofDog

Comment

You probably haven't played Alien: Isolation, then; it's noted to be the best game in the franchise (and especially for its frighteningly intelligent xenomorph AI).

That being said, the games have definitely been hit-or-miss... mostly miss.
        Arratra's Signature
        Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Originally posted by Arratra View Post
          You probably haven't played Alien: Isolation, then
          That's the one where the aliens play cat and mouse with you, isn't it - where you have to hide from them?

If it is, then I didn't get it because it isn't my kind of gameplay. I prefer slugathons - titles like Doom, Wolfensein and the like. Heh, I prefer a fight to any hiding.
          Rick Canaan's Signature
          A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

SciFur Players: Alienbird, Arratra, Daryn, Rick Canaan and SliceofDog

Comment

Stealth-based games just aren't your genre, huh? Fair enough.

And yes, you spend most of Alien: Isolation hiding from the xenomorph.
            Arratra's Signature
            Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Working...
            X