The Shining Series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shining Series

I'm not sure how many of you folks are aware of this series of old RPGs, but they may be worth checking out. Right now I'm working my way through Shining Force II. It came out on the Sega Genesis in 1994. It's a strategy RPG with turn-based combat.

The reason I mention it, though, is because there are a ton of anthro characters in it.

Currently my party consists of A Human Swordsman, Two Monks, one human Baron, Three Birds, Three Centaurs and one Cannoneer, or Brass Gunner as they're called in he game.
    I won't post the entirety of the party, but I'll highlight a few of the more fun characters.

The Ultimate Shining Force 2 Guide: The Shining Force: Rick

The Ultimate Shining Force 2 Guide: The Shining Force: Slade

The Ultimate Shining Force 2 Guide: The Shining Force: Luke

Never finished this game back in the day, and now I think I'm quite close to doing that. I'll be trying out the third game, which I never played at all once I'm done. I have heard that one is excellent as well. So, you guys might want to look up the roms and give it a go. The story's not super involved or particularly well translated, but it's still fun for what it is.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Hah, when I clicked on this I was expecting something a little different...
    Image result for here's johnny gif

But this looks like fun. Maybe not my favourite style of game, but I'm loving Slade! (Big surprise, I know ) As well as him being a rat, though, I'm always a fan of thieves/rogues in stuff like this.
    SliceOfDog's Signature
    My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
      But this looks like fun. Maybe not my favourite style of game, but I'm loving Slade! (Big surprise, I know ) As well as him being a rat, though, I'm always a fan of thieves/rogues in stuff like this.
      Slade is great, though early on he's not very strong. Get him promoted though and he starts getting really powerful. It's a lot of fun, and I totally figured you would love him, too. That's why I pointed him out.
      Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Haha, oh dear, am I that predictable? XP
        SliceOfDog's Signature
        My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

Working...
        X