Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Demo

Hey everyone.

I know the site is closing on Friday, but I thought some of you guys would appreciate seeing this as you've been looking forward to this game. So, here's the gameplay reeal. 48 minutes long and gives you a good idea of what the game is about.

Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay Reveal — 48-minute walkthrough - YouTube
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Man oh man... The graphics areincredible. I'm thinking I need to see if I get a copy when it comes out.
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Okay, I'm going to be honest - after seeing this yesterday, I started getting pangs of really wanting to play it while I was at work today. I don't often get that for games, and I'm really trying not to set myself up for disappointment if it doesn't live up to this video, but I'm almost definitely going to get it when it's available.

Comment

I have my doubts and I'm afraird for the storywise part of the game. Why? The current CDPR barely has anyone from the original team that made Witcher games. While I don't say Cyberpunk 2077 may be a flop, I am concerned on how story would work out with the new staff. Let's just hope the ex-Karpyshyn Bioware won't be a thing in case of CD Project Red.

As a sidenote, it is a possibility you can be furry -- or rather, Exotic -- in that game, as the original pen-and-paper version had such option. Not sure if Exotics would be implemented, due to it requiring different animations.

Comment

Originally posted by AlienBird View Post
          I have my doubts and I'm afraird for the storywise part of the game. Why? The current CDPR barely has anyone from the original team that made Witcher games. While I don't say Cyberpunk 2077 may be a flop, I am concerned on how story would work out with the new staff. Let's just hope the ex-Karpyshyn Bioware won't be a thing in case of CD Project Red.
          This is definitely a concern, for sure. Witcher was very strong in terms of narrative and character development. I don't know if this team can carry that over, but from what they've shown in this video, I think they do. It's one of those things that you can't tell for sure from such a short bit of gameplay in what will be such a massive game.

As a sidenote, it is a possibility you can be furry -- or rather, Exotic -- in that game, as the original pen-and-paper version had such option. Not sure if Exotics would be implemented, due to it requiring different animations.
          That's a good question. They don't make any mention of Exitics as of yet, but that doesn't mean they won't be there by the time the game releases. They do talk about extensive body modification being possible. Does that mean you can become an exotic? Or maybe run into them as NPCs? There's still so much we don't know.

BTW, isn't CDPR located near you? Just curious.

Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

I haven't felt hype, true hype, for a non-released game in a long time, but this is doing it for me. I know not to pre-order it, and to wait for reviews but now that I'm feeling emotionally invested it would be a real shame of it turned out to not be good. That said, this gameplay gives me some real hope. I never got into the Witcher games, mainly because I had a hard time connecting with Gerald as a character, and the RPG system feeling really light. Hopefully both those issues are addressed here. Making your own character will help with the first, obviously. The second point I really am not sure on. The character screen had stat points, they were quick to show off gun and body mods, but how those interact and how much they affect the game play and make individual character builds distinct will have to wait for the full game. Seeing that melee combat with weaponized arm blades is an option is really awesome. I'm hoping you can roll some kind of tank with something like those shields the boss gangster was using. I just don't want the game to be slight variations on standard single player shooter. Hopefully there is a set amount of mods you can install, and stat points you can get so that building a character isn't just slowly filling out the tech tree.

Also I jsut want to laud CDPR for being bold enough to both to have queer relationships for player characters. We'll see how that actually pans out in the future, but its nice to see how far we've come.

Dusty's Signature
            IC Character Sheet

Comment

I'm really hoping this turns out to be as good as it's looking. Even at this stage, there's something here. You can get a sense for the world, the detail that they've put into it. It's hard not to look at this and feel that there's something special here. The question is going to be, which version to get? Knowing CDPR, the PC version will be the one to have, and with Nvidia RTX coming, you can bet this is one game that would use it.
              Daryn's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
                I'm really hoping this turns out to be as good as it's looking. Even at this stage, there's something here. You can get a sense for the world, the detail that they've put into it. It's hard not to look at this and feel that there's something special here. The question is going to be, which version to get? Knowing CDPR, the PC version will be the one to have, and with Nvidia RTX coming, you can bet this is one game that would use it.
                I think PC is the easy choice here if you've got the hardware. There still isn't a release date so hopefully by then the RTX cards will be on the affordable side. And/or RTX has gone the way of nvidia hairworks xD
                Dusty's Signature
                IC Character Sheet

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty View Post
                  I think PC is the easy choice here if you've got the hardware. There still isn't a release date so hopefully by then the RTX cards will be on the affordable side. And/or RTX has gone the way of nvidia hairworks xD
                  Yeah, the prices of those cards is a little bit on the high side. To be fair though, it is an absolutely massive chip. Something that big will have lower yields and thus drive the price up. I have to hand it to Nvidia though, a crappy of a company as I think they are, I really can't dump on them when they actually do something that's innovative. Whether RTX takes off remains to be seen, but I think Raytracing won't be a strictly nvidia technology. DirectX RT is a thing as well, and I'm sure that's the route AMD will go. Whatever happens though, it's exciting to see the potential here for games to look even more amazing.
                  Daryn's Signature

Comment

Okay. Want play.

Nuff said.
                    Rick Canaan's Signature
                    A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post

Yeah, the prices of those cards is a little bit on the high side. To be fair though, it is an absolutely massive chip. Something that big will have lower yields and thus drive the price up. I have to hand it to Nvidia though, a crappy of a company as I think they are, I really can't dump on them when they actually do something that's innovative. Whether RTX takes off remains to be seen, but I think Raytracing won't be a strictly nvidia technology. DirectX RT is a thing as well, and I'm sure that's the route AMD will go. Whatever happens though, it's exciting to see the potential here for games to look even more amazing.
                      Definately. And as some folks have pointed out, being able to real time simulate light on a massive scale could potentially reduce the workload on environmental artists and indie developers, since "faking" lighting is time consuming. If there's good directx and vulkan support I can see it being adopted. I just worry that nividia's rush to proprietize at the hardware level might lock it out of wide spread adoption. Looking at you physX
                      Last edited by Dusty; 3 weeks ago.
                      Dusty's Signature
                      IC Character Sheet

Comment

I disagree. Getting PC in Poland is something really expensive if you want a reasonable PC that would run now-modern games. At least the ones from the higher shelf. My Xbox One S is around four time cheaper than med-spec GPU.

And yes, CDPR is a Polish firm, but they are nowhere close to my city, I think. Unless they moved to Cracow, what I don't really know~

Comment

I disagree. Getting PC in Poland is something really expensive if you want a reasonable PC that would run now-modern games. At least the ones from the higher shelf. My Xbox One S is around four time cheaper than med-spec GPU.
                          I hadn't considered that. PC parts seem to vary wildly in price all over Europe. Some folks suggest looking at auctions for used parts, but I guess if the first-hand market isn't great, the second-hand market isn't going to be good either. There's no arguing that the PC version will be the best looking one, but I don't think the PS4 or Xbox One versions are going to look bad. At the end of the day, you'll get to play it, and that's really what's important.

And yes, CDPR is a Polish firm, but they are nowhere close to my city, I think. Unless they moved to Cracow, what I don't really know~
                          Hm, yeah, I think they are in Warsaw, which is a good ways from you, for sure.

Daryn's Signature

Comment

Working...
                          X