X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daryn
    started a topic Some fun stuff from E3 today

Some fun stuff from E3 today

Microsoft and Bethesda had their press conferences today. I didn't see all that much interesting on Microsoft's side, except maybe for this.

A new Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer. The game's release date is April 16th of 2020. Keanu Reeves was kind enough to tell us.

Halo: Infinite Trailer

In other Microsoft news, they are launching a game subscription plan which will let you play games from a library of titles. I'm going to give this a try. For $6, it doesn't sound like a bad deal.

Then, later in the day, we had Bethesda. There were a number of cool things here. We got an apology tour for Fallout 76, which might actually end up being decent once it releases.

Here are some cool other games that we saw, though.

Ghosewire: Tokyo

Rage 2 Expansion

I really love the style of this trailer. It's just so funny.

We got a new one from Arkane Studios in Leon, France. This one's called Deathloop.

And finally, a bit more on Doom Eternal.

Here is the story trailer.

As well as a look at a new Multiplayer mode. It's called Battlemode. It's sort of a fighting game, where two demons pit themselves against one slayer. Looks interesting.

Doom Eternal comes out November 26th.

There was also a longer single-player demo, but that hasn't made it to their channel yet. So I'll add that later.

Some very intriguing stuff, for sure.

• Daryn
    replied
    From the Square-Enix press conference, we have Marvel's The Avengers. I think this might interest some folks here.

Along with that, we had a good look at Final Fantasy VII Remake. The combat has been changed from a traditional turn-based system to a mish-mash of real-time and turn-based. I have no idea how well that will end up working out. Sure is pretty, though.

Leave a comment:

• Daryn
    replied
    Originally posted by Rick Canaan View Post
    hich gives me to wonder - will there be the same mechanic added to the monsters? They left that out in 2016, too. A pain response from the monsters you hit was an auditory feedback that was very satisfying in the original Dooms. It'll be nice to have that again, if they thought to add it!
    I hope so. That seemed like something that really should have been in there. I think there s a little bit of that in Battlemode, but I could be mistaken. There's still 5 months to go before release, so monster pain states might be something that gets added into the polishing phase.

Leave a comment:

• Rick Canaan
    replied
    Sizzling, breaking, chunking, demon-mangling good times!

It sounds like they've added some new elements to the Doomslayer, too, apart from just the new gameplay mechanics. He grunts and snarls when he takes hits now, from the sound of it. Hah! That was something they overlooked in Doom2016. That ought to help players achieve an even more visceral experience with the character.

Which gives me to wonder - will there be the same mechanic added to the monsters? They left that out in 2016, too. A pain response from the monsters you hit was an auditory feedback that was very satisfying in the original Dooms. It'll be nice to have that again, if they thought to add it!

Leave a comment:

• Daryn
    replied
    Here's the gameplay segment from E3 for Doom Eternal.

Oh, and a correction, the release date is November 22nd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X