Watch Dogs: Legion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Dogs: Legion

One of two games from Ubisoft that I found myself genuinely wanting to play after watching their keynote.

Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Okay, wow. I am excited for this game. Helen is an absolute darling, and it's nice to see a game set in the UK for once, if I do say so myself!

I'd be interested to know how scripted this was. It seems too good to be true that any character can die at any time and your selection from a screen of about 20 replacement characters will flawlessly continue the mission with personalised dialogue. Any insight into that side of things for this one, Daryn?

Comment

Honestly, I'm not sure about that, myself. They make it sound like you can recruit anyone and that everybody has their own skills and personality. I'm not sure that is the case, though. I suspect most people you meet on the street will be random. I hope to have more info on that, because if it was done well, it could be a really unique mechanic.
      Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

I'd be amazed it that were the case, in a game with unique dialogue and voices and so on. I imagine there are pre-designed people you can recruit dotted around, but that most people you can't. Still, I don't see that as a downside. I'd be more interested in how the people you can recruit were implemented. I get a bit annoyed at games which pretend you have free choices when really it's the only thing you can do, and if they're giving you 20 characters to choose from but only one will continue the plot, that would frustrate me. If any of them can continue it, though, and Helen in this video really was a free choice, then I'm very impressed.

Comment

Working...
        X