No announcement yet.

Why Is Guardians of the Galaxy So Good?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that was kind of messed up but pretty awesome at the same time. Yondu turned out to be more of a character than he was in the first movie too. Ended up playing a pretty major role in the end. Then there was the closing scene set to Cat Stevens' Father And Son. Not gonna lie, I teared up.
    Daryn's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
      Yondu turned out to be more of a character than he was in the first movie too. Ended up playing a pretty major role in the end. Then there was the closing scene set to Cat Stevens' Father And Son. Not gonna lie, I teared up.
      See, to me the strength of that arc was one of the most infuriating parts of the film. By which I mean, it was strong enough to be its own film. Just that relationship juxtaposed with Starlord and his dad. That could have carried the film. Take out the sister storyline, take out Rocket and Starlord fighting (or at least don't make it reach its peak and then resolve), and all the various other unnecessary elements. As it was, it was too cluttered, and that clutter cut into what should have been some even more powerful moments. They tried to do too much, as if they didn't have faith that their main stories would land effectively. In the end, while the... erm... not to spoil stuff, so while the selfless act did hit home, the later gathering of all the reavers seemed empty - we'd had almost no time to build up that aspect of this universe.
      SliceOfDog's Signature

My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
        See, to me the strength of that arc was one of the most infuriating parts of the film. By which I mean, it was strong enough to be its own film. Just that relationship juxtaposed with Starlord and his dad. That could have carried the film. Take out the sister storyline, take out Rocket and Starlord fighting (or at least don't make it reach its peak and then resolve), and all the various other unnecessary elements. As it was, it was too cluttered, and that clutter cut into what should have been some even more powerful moments. They tried to do too much, as if they didn't have faith that their main stories would land effectively. In the end, while the... erm... not to spoil stuff, so while the selfless act did hit home, the later gathering of all the reavers seemed empty - we'd had almost no time to build up that aspect of this universe.

Agreed. This is made more annoying by the fact that a lot of these side storylines were also being worked out in the Telltale game. They could have left that to flesh out the characters and then focused on the Yondu arc in the movie. They could have also made the movie longer. Either way, I think though the second film was a bit of a muddle, it was still good. So here's hoping Vol 3 is more together.
        Daryn's Signature

Comment

I think Telltale and Marvel Universe are two separate continuities, what I realized in watching short thing out of the walkthrough (since I'm still fighting with myself if I should get GOTG by TTG). Nonetheless, it seems that TTG - at least from what I've read - keep more to stuff early made. However, when it comes to Vol. 3, I think it would be logical for it to focus on Rocket Raccoon and Groot, because their story hasn't been told yet and perhaps MCU comes up with their own version of Rocket's past.

I mean, Lylla. While she hadn't been mentioned outright, when Nova Corps scan every single one of the future Guardians, her name does appear under listed associates when it comes to Rocket's turn. We will have to see which version of Lylla MCU may get or create something wholly new.

Comment

Working...
          X