Pacific Rim Annihilation Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacific Rim Annihilation Trailer

Rick Canaan I think this one's got your name on it.

Daryn's Signature

Big monsters to stomp cities flat and big robots to fight the monsters.

Nothing wrong there! Nope!
    Rick Canaan's Signature
    Insatiable Curiosity Roleplay Information:
    Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

You forgot to add....big guns with shells large enough to flatten cars!
      Sohdakin's Signature
      Sohdakin Stonetallon - Major
      Battle Dress Assault Commander
      Insatiable Curiosity Crew Card

Comment

Originally posted by Sohdakin View Post
        You and your 'big gun' fetish.
        Rick Canaan's Signature
        Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

I think Pacific Rim was utterly bad and after the second film, the overall series are dead. It's just zombie, if not a guy on life support. Just let it die.

Comment

It probably also has a story of some kind, but really, I don't think that's why you watch a movie like this.
            Daryn's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Gryphus View Post
              I think Pacific Rim was utterly bad and after the second film, the overall series are dead. It's just zombie, if not a guy on life support. Just let it die.
              I beg to differ!

Of course the first movie was stupid. But it was meant to be! It was one of those kinds of movies, where you get a huge bowl of popcorn, some soda, and then sit and turn your brain off for a little while and enjoy the show!

I can only hope that the next movie will be just as brainless and stupid as the first one!
              Rick Canaan's Signature
              Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

I am with Rick on this one. While others may see it as a bad movie, it is obvious that they were not the target audience. Pacific Rim was not meant to be an Oscar nominating movie, it is simply an action movie for action sake. You have Giant Robots, fighting Giant Monsters, do you really think there is some in-depth storyline there?

So, it is perfectly fine if others find it a bad movie.

I love Pacific Rim for the sheer fact that I do not have to think about anything other than enjoying big robots beating the crap out of giant monsters(and explosions and gorilla chest pounding asswhooping).

Rick, which is your favorite Jaeger? Mine has to be Cherno Alpha.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	latest?cb=20130617092847.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	935.9 KB
ID:	54130
                Sohdakin's Signature
                Sohdakin Stonetallon - Major
                Battle Dress Assault Commander
                Insatiable Curiosity Crew Card

Comment

it's a Godzilla movie. Pure and simple. the only 'story' really required, is baddies trying to destroy shit, and good guys trying to stop them in the most spectacular way possible. it's all about the carnage and giant things destroying shit

There's no analysis of it required, just watching explosions and giants beating the ever loving shit outta one another. it's a fun bit, sometimes that makes for a nice change of pace compared to the movies that try to have more depth than the Mariana Trench and end up muddling everything in the process
                  Buzzwolf's Signature
                  "...it'll keep you warm though it is a bit disgusting...it's a sheeping bag, that's what it is..." -Bear Grilles

"The real Heroes are the ones that never came back..." -unknown

"No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world." -Robin Williams

Buzzes Magical Tablet
                  My DeviantArt PageMy FurAffinity Page

Comment

Rick, which is your favorite Jaeger?
                    Err, Jagermeister?

But seriously, I couldn't tell you what any of the mechs were, not even the one that was the hero at the end. Not lack of interest. It's just that I just don't pay attention to that sort of stuff. Heck, I know I got a Cummins in this truck, but what kind? I couldn't care enough to even go look it up.
                    Rick Canaan's Signature
                    Open ContentSPOILER

Comment

I really like Striker Eureka, but that might be the bias of it being the Australian-made Jaeger. Gypsy Danger and Gypsy Avenger (what I believe to be the name of the new heroes' Jaeger; I think I saw that in one of the trailers) are both cool, though.
                      Arratra's Signature
                      Fanfiction
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3129425/Arratra

Deviantart
                      http://arratra.deviantart.com/

Insatiable Curiosity

Lieutenant Commander Jaxamar Tarrus Stormfang

Comment

Working...
                      X