The Wheel of Time TV Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wheel of Time TV Show

Amazon has been snapping up the rights to many SciFi and Fantasy properties. They're going to do a reboot of The Dark Tower, an adaptation of Snow Crash, Lazarus, and Ringworld. Most importantly to me, though, they are handling The Wheel of Time! This could either end up being amazing or turn out to be a complete fustercluck. So far, we don't know who's playing any of the characters. I really hope that we get some more info soon.

My question is, what does a Wheel of Time TV Show need to do to be successful? What tone do you go for? Do you retell the books or continue past A Memory of Lght? I have thoughts, certainly, but let's talk about this!
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

It looks like they're starting to build up the hype for this show now.

Rafe Judkins Has Two Scripts for 'Wheel of Time' TV Series Done

I am excited for this show, but also a little bit fearful. It would be so easy to screw this up. That said, I think I'm inclined to give this the benefit of the doubt. I hope we see something soon. With two episodes potentially complete (that we know of) it would seem that writing on the first season is further along than I would have thought.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

This is all looking good. I'll be really excited when I get to know who they're casting for the lead roles. I have a couple of ideas about who would fit some of the key roles best.

al'Lan Mandragoran - Daniel CraigClick image for larger version

Name:	MV5BMjEzMjk4NDU4MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDMyNjQzMg@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	56451

Matrim Cauthon - Bradley Cooper Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BMjM0OTIyMzY1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTg0OTE0NzE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	56452

Do you guys have any favorites for some of the key roles?
      Rick Canaan's Signature
      A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

SciFur Players: Alienbird, Arratra, Daryn, Rick Canaan and SliceofDog

Comment

Those are some pretty good picks for two pivotal roles in the series. I could see both of those working. Amazon's got the money to throw at Craig too.

There are some quite excellent ideas in this article at tor.com. I'm not sure about all of them, but Rand's pick does seem like a perfect fit.

Casting Ideas for the New Wheel of Time TV Series | Tor.com

I really like the choices for Rand and Egwene here. I wish they'd get these details out asap so we can know for sure.
        Daryn's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
          My question is, what does a Wheel of Time TV Show need to do to be successful?
          Have a cleaner plot than the books?

Sorry, but the story really did end up a cluttered mess as it went on. That said, I wish the best for the adaptation. And here's apology cookies for those who didn't like my burn.
          Rusakov's Signature
          "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Rusakov View Post
            Have a cleaner plot than the books?

Sorry, but the story really did end up a cluttered mess as it went on. That said, I wish the best for the adaptation. And here's apology cookies for those who didn't like my burn.
            LOL, won't get any arguments from me on that one. The last three books were all about trying to untangle the mess that was left. Jordan got maybe a little too involved in his world, maybe that's why it became so convoluted. I've re-read the last book three times and that ending still doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Either way, let's hope the show does end up more concise.
            Daryn's Signature

Comment

Working...
            X