Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Expanse Canceled by Syfy

They cancelled Season 4.

Yeah, this is about as dumb of a move as Syfy could make. I mean, it had a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Syfy had a good thing here and they cancel it? Stupid. There is some good news though, Alcon TV Group is going to shop it around to other buyers. The Expanse, a Netflix Original, perhaps? It wouldn't be the first show they've saved. So Syfy may not want to do Season 4, but chances are it will still happen. You'd have to be a monumental moron to not see there's demand for this show.

‘The Expanse’ Canceled By Syfy After Three Seasons, Will Be Shopped | Deadline
    Daryn's Signature

Commander Daryn SkyStrike
    Ascenseon - The Avian Planet

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

I think something like in case of paid DLC is a thing. It doesn't mean if small group likes it or not - it's all about shareholders and income.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyon View Post
        I think something like in case of paid DLC is a thing. It doesn't mean if small group likes it or not - it's all about shareholders and income.
        It might end up something like that, where a small group could fund the next season, but I doubt it. The Expanse is one of the most expensive shows to make. While I think Syfy is completely dumb for canceling it, I can understand the fiancial bit of it. This is why I think Netflix or Amazon would be a good fit for it. They actually don't care how much a show costs to make or what the ratings are, as long as it drives subscriptions. Either way, it's sad news, but there is the possibility of it continuing.
        Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Only one thing I have to say about this...

Unbelievable.
          Rick Canaan's Signature
          Captain Richard S. Canaan
          Ranks Aboard Ship

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Canaan View Post
            Only one thing I have to say about this...

Unbelievable.
            Let's just blame Belters and OPA, mmkay?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyon View Post

Let's just blame Belters and OPA, mmkay?
              I really and honestly would like to know whose decision this was.

So we could put their pictures up on big posters. And say these are the poster childs for stupid!
              Rick Canaan's Signature
              Captain Richard S. Canaan
              Ranks Aboard Ship

Comment

Y'know, the funniest thing is that plot for the TV series were initially... plot for a video game. I actually would love to play a space-trading game based on The Expanse.

Comment

Was it a video game or a tabletop game? I think the original book series might have been a tabletop game world that Ty had created. Wouldn't surprise me too much if the TV series had been written as a game first. Makes me wonder if they'll go back to that.

Oh, as to the show, here's the latest so far.
                  The Expanse Fans Are Trying To Save The Show After Syfy's Cancellation, And There's Hope - CINEMABLEND
                  Daryn's Signature

Comment

I think it was video game...

Ah yes, it was. Funny enough, Corey (or rather, authors writing in cooperative) criticize Mass Effect as being one of the worst ways to end trilogy - that's why we don't have a video game.

Myself I see that, since there's a specific vibe in ME3 after Drew Karpyshyn was kicked from BioWare by EA.

Comment

GREAT NEWS!

Amazon reportedly in talks to save The Expanse - CNET

Amazon is currently in talks to rescue The Expanse from cancellation, numerous entertainment outlets including Variety and Deadline are reporting.

Sources confirmed with Deadline that talks between Amazon and Alcon Television Group, which produces the show, are still in the early stages.

Syfy cancelled The Expanse May 10 and fans have been embroiled in a campaign to save the show ever since. Using the #SaveTheExpanse hashtag, there's been chatter across social media, directed mainly at Netflix and Amazon. A petition started by fans currently sits at over 130,000 signatures and was tweeted out by The Expanse writing team's official Twitter. The Expanse is currently halfway through its third season.

Comment

Working...
                      X