Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 Dumb Aspects Of The Original Star Wars

Cracked

If you're a human being, you were probably as excited as we were about Star Wars: The Force Awakens -- or as we call it, Star Wars 4: George Lucas Was Doing His Dishes Thousands Of Miles Away. As fans, we demand that Disney give us the same fuzzy-feeling, space operatic awesomeness of the original trilogy, and less of the brain-numbing, toy-shilling, candy-colored fever dream that was the prequels. Give us art, not a lollipop that forces you to French-kiss Jar Jar Binks.

The weird thing about this is that George Lucas' beloved OT was never meant to be seen as a great artistic achievement. Not until our collective nostalgic hive mind decided it had to be, anyway. In all of our fervor and excitement over Episode VII, we've forgotten that ...
    Rusakov's Signature
    "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Hm, one needs to take the source into account. Cracked is a satire site. I think it wasn't intended to be the start of a massive franchise, but Lucas kept revising it. I think Episode IV was added to the original title a couple of years after the movie came out. So I don't know, Star Wars s one of those series that succeeded because there was something in it for just about everyone. So, I don't see the goofy things Star Wars has done as a bad thing.

Great article, man. Thanks for the share!
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Actually, I think Cracked these days is a sometimes satire site, but that's just me.

And I think they should have had a better title, it's not so much that it's criticizing the aspects but rather showing how they're nothing new to the franchise.
      Rusakov's Signature
      "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Comment

Working...
      X