New Captain Marvel Trailer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Captain Marvel Trailer

We got another trailer for Captain Marvel. This one goes into a bit more depth on the story.

Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

And why do they even need to make trailers? All they gotta do is say, "New Marvel movie's in theaters, everybody. It's about Captain Marvel."

*Stampede.*
    Rick Canaan's Signature
    A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Hm, I'm about as underwhelmed about this as I am with most recent superhero film trailers. And I've been out of the scene for a while - what's the deal with Nick Fury seeming like a completely different character? How come he has two eyes now? Have I missed something? (Other than about 12 films and five TV shows)

Comment

Yeah, Slice, the Marvel movies need to be watched in order of their release. They're an interwoven saga, one film lending story to the films that come after it.

I've been trying to convince Daryn to sit down and get caught up, himself. Stand-alone, the Marvel movies are great. But watched in order, they're downright spectacular.
        Rick Canaan's Signature
        A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Canaan View Post
          Yeah, Slice, the Marvel movies need to be watched in order of their release. They're an interwoven saga, one film lending story to the films that come after it.
          Oh, yes, I used to pretty much be able to follow it. I missed the odd character sequel, but generally I knew where I was with it. But now I just have superhero fatigue. I don't see anything new or different in what's being brought out, it just seems more of the same, and I'm a little bored by it. Avengers and Guardians scratched a real itch and I still very much enjoy both films, but the respective sequels to those films just seemed like the same thing somewhere else. That put me off the next couple of films, even though I'd heard good things, and before I knew it, I was about 10 films behind. I just don't have the energy or drive to bridge that gap now!

Comment

Well, Infinity War is worth your time, Slice. It does something that few studios would do. It's a good story, and Thanos is an amazing character.
            Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
              Well, Infinity War is worth your time, Slice
              Oh, I'm sure it's good - all of the MCU films usually are - but presumably I'd have to do a bit of catching up to watch that one as well? I never saw Civil War and there's about 10 others I've not seen...

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
                Oh, I'm sure it's good - all of the MCU films usually are - but presumably I'd have to do a bit of catching up to watch that one as well? I never saw Civil War and there's about 10 others I've not seen...
                I think you can safely just watch Civil War and Thor Ragnarok. Those take place right before Infinity War. The rest will add more context, but aren't as vital to have watched first.
                Daryn's Signature

Comment

Working...
                X