Why I don't watch Cartoon Network anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I don't watch Cartoon Network anymore

Click image for larger version  Name:	QfvVpKz.png Views:	1 Size:	29.6 KB ID:	58156

That is 13 hours of Cartoon Network U.S. airtime scheduled for today. Of those 13 hours, 9 and a half in total are devoted to just two shows. The remaining 3 and a half hours are devoted to a few other shows, one of which is a spinoff series that nobody asked for. It's so bad that I'm actually tired of the The Amazing World of Gumball in spite of it still being a quality show because Cartoon Network..

AIRS IT TOO FREAKING OFTEN!!!!

Now, this isn't a new problem (it's been a problem for a few years now), but looking at the schedule along with my recent penchant of watching Captain B.Z.'s archive videos has just really pushed me into rant mode. There's no more variety on Cartoon Network, or Boomerang for that matter. Is it any wonder people are cord cutting these days?
    Rusakov's Signature
    "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

I think this is true of a lot of TV Networks these days. I can't really watch any network TV Nowadays.

What I do now is get the shows that I like, and setup my Plex server so I can watch them whenever I like. I don't have to deal with commercials or stuff I don't want to watch. I just sit back, pick a show, and play.

If you want help with something like that, let me know.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Woah, that schedule is nuts! I'm a big fan of cartoons, but I tend to source them online (legally wherever possible!).

For the record, Craig of the Creek is a great show! I'd also thoroughly recommend Hilda on Netflix, and Steven Universe has also appeared on Netflix recently. I feel we're in a bit of a golden age of cartoons at the moment, with the likes of Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, and yes, even Gumball. It's a shame the networks don't seem to be embracing it though...

Comment

FWIW Slice, I know Gumball is a good show, but I've just lost interest in it because it's aired so often.

I don't need Plex set up for my Daryn, but thank you for the offer. Part of my problem is that I don't want to give more money to Amazon, Google, etc. but I have no choice. The networks have gone full throttle into showing a small number of shows over and over again so the only place I can get anything else is through online services -including the aforementioned Amazon and Google/YT companies. Also Cartoon Network had some wicked cool interstitals and branding back in the day, you can't get that through streaming. ;3;
        Rusakov's Signature
        "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Comment

Yeah. Even Foxtel (local pay-TV) plays way too many reruns.

I mean, seriously; I'd love to watch the later episodes of Mythbusters on Discovery, or the new series, but they're literally never on, because Discovery keeps rerunning early episodes.

Seriously; reruns are fine by me, but add some more variety!
          Arratra's Signature
          Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

I never watch TV anymore cuz any of the shows I'm interested in all have stories and watching them on TV means likely not seeing them in order (as well as having to go by their schedule). But, I'm in Canada, which also means most of the shows I'm interested in watching aren't available anywhere EXCEPT cable TV (I'm still angry that Bravest Warriors left YouTube to go to VRV and VRV isn't available in Canada; Bravest Warriors is on cable TV however but I'm not gonna watch it there cuz I'd miss out on the story). Same kinda deal with Steven Universe except I don't think it was ever originally on YouTube. Pretty sure it's on Hulu but that's also not available in Canada.

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
            Woah, that schedule is nuts! I'm a big fan of cartoons, but I tend to source them online (legally wherever possible!).

For the record, Craig of the Creek is a great show! I'd also thoroughly recommend Hilda on Netflix, and Steven Universe has also appeared on Netflix recently. I feel we're in a bit of a golden age of cartoons at the moment, with the likes of Adventure Time, Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, and yes, even Gumball. It's a shame the networks don't seem to be embracing it though...
            I didn't know Steven Universe has finally come to Netflix; gonna have to check if it's on Canadian Netflix (Hilda is great though, I love the lil deerfox ;o; ).
            Zukaro's Signature
            Zukaro Travon
            Robotic Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Arratra View Post
              Yeah. Even Foxtel (local pay-TV) plays way too many reruns.

I mean, seriously; I'd love to watch the later episodes of Mythbusters on Discovery, or the new series, but they're literally never on, because Discovery keeps rerunning early episodes.

Seriously; reruns are fine by me, but add some more variety!
              Heh, that reminds me. The Science Channel has (at least in the U.S.) declined in quality massively. It's not "History" Channel levels of awful, but they have very little variety now, and some of the shows are a little sensational (but mostly within the realm of reality). Plus it has Space's Deepest Secrets and How the Universe Works, one of the few shows left on cable as a whole still worth watching. >.<
              Rusakov's Signature

Comment

Though for those who want a 90s vibe, this guy has tons of old Cartoon Network ad breaks from that time period: Captain B. Z's VHS Archive - YouTube

Now I feel old. ;3;
                Rusakov's Signature

Comment

You know, if you were to download those videos and then grab DVD and bluraybox sets of your favourite shows, and then setup Kodi with the PseudoTV addon, you can actually get pretty darned close to the old TV experience.
                  Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
                    You know, if you were to download those videos and then grab DVD and bluraybox sets of your favourite shows, and then setup Kodi with the PseudoTV addon, you can actually get pretty darned close to the old TV experience.
                    Well, maybe. But I'm distracted enough as it is now.

Maybe someday though.
                    Rusakov's Signature

Comment

Working...
                    X