Hilda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hilda

So as of a few months ago, I have a new contender for favourite cartoon: Hilda!

It's utterly adorable, whimsical and clever, and even though it's aimed at kids, it doesn't dumb itself down. It's essentially a world where Scandinavian folklore is all real, so trolls and elves and so on are just facts of modern life that people have to deal with. The protagonist, Hilda, is a kid who's grown up on the edge of the wilderness, so she's far more open to dealing with the supernatural than her city-dwelling friends/school etc.

This is the moment I fell in love with the show, and introduces my favourite minor character, Woodman.

Plus, Daryn, there's a fun anthro-bird character who becomes rather important. I won't spoil anything, but here is one of his first scenes.

You can find Hilda on Netflix if you're interested! Give it a couple of episodes and let me know what you all think

Oh? An anthro bird you say? Well, I'll add that one to my list on Netflix, then!
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Excellent, if you do watch it, let me know what you think!

Comment

Hilda is really good 'w' (I like the lil foxdeer ;o; )
        Zukaro's Signature
        Zukaro Travon
        Robotic Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Zukaro View Post
          Hilda is really good 'w' (I like the lil foxdeer ;o; )
          Haha, yes, he's a cutie isn't he! I'm slightly disappointed they didn't give his species a more interesting name (I think it's literally "deerfox"), but if the rest of the show is anything to go by, I imagine it has its roots in Scandinavian folklore anyway, so who am I to judge?

Comment

Working...
          X