Anyone watching The Expanse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone watching The Expanse?

With Season 4 due soon, I decided I should get a move on and get caught up. Why, oh why, did I stop after Season 1? I'm halfway through the second season now and have gone through a rollercoaster of emotions. This series really is worth the hype it gets.

It also doesn't hurt that it's a visual feast. Seriously, it looks really good!

The one thing I have noticed that did strike me as off a little bit is the sound in space. Where I wouldn't expect there to be sound because of the vacuum of space, there is, like when the Nauvoo started its engines. It was an outside view, so you really shouldn't have heard much of anything. That stuff aside, though, it's great!
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

*Makes note to self to see about catching up on the show*

I'll try to. While I haven't seen all that much, what I have is pretty damn good.
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

I'm about 3/4 of the way through season 2 now. Hoo boy, this is getting better and better. I'm also liking that some of the things that happened in the books are different. So yeah, this has been long overdue and I'm greatly enjoying it. I wonder what's up with Amos though. He seems to be going through some stuff right now.
      Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

I loved both seasons, but I heard that the third season was cancelled.

Edit: But you mention a season 4. Huh. I guess I was really out the loop there.
        macrorufus's Signature
        We're sorry. The wolf you have attempted to contact is not available. Please call again later.

Comment

It was cancelled during Season 3, but Season 3 had all been completed. Fans raised hell and Amazon picked the show up for Season 4, at the very least.
          Daryn's Signature

Comment

Gah, I really do need to get in on this show at some point. I've heard really good things, just never set the time aside for it.

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
            It was cancelled during Season 3, but Season 3 had all been completed. Fans raised hell and Amazon picked the show up for Season 4, at the very least.
            When I first read this I thought you meant they'd suffered a Babylon 5 - They planned out 5 seasons, got told half-way through that they could only have 4, so they condensed two seasons of plot into season 4. Then the ratings were good, so the producers asked them for another season. Painful.

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
              ah, I really do need to get in on this show at some point. I've heard really good things, just never set the time aside for it.

Originally posted by Daryn View Post

When I first read this I thought you meant they'd suffered a Babylon 5 - They planned out 5 seasons, got told half-way through that they could only have 4, so they condensed two seasons of plot into season 4. Then the ratings were good, so the producers asked them for another season. Painful.
              I'd really recommend you do. It's on Amazon Prime Video if you have that. The first season might seem odd, but trust me, the way they wrap it up, just brilliant. As of tonight, I'm just done with Season 2 Episode 11 Here There Be Dragons. Two episodes left for the season, but I think I have to stop for tonight. Eyes are getting kind of burny, now.

Oh well, I'll wrap it up tomorrow and start Season 3, most likely.

Babylon 5 is one I need to make the time for. Maybe after The Expanse I'll hunker down with that. I have the DVDs, so...
              Daryn's Signature

Comment

Working...
              X