Obnoxious HTML/JavaScript thing I did

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obnoxious HTML/JavaScript thing I did

You know that error sound that was used on Windows 98 through WIndows 2000? Well it reminded me of this video:

Possible photosensitive epilepsy warning ahead!

https://youtu.be/YbEYOaO9kp4

Specifically the part at around 16 seconds when a bunch of error boxes come up. Since I'm learning JavaScript I decided to do something similar with a basic HTML5 document. I have no video recording of it, but here's the code:

Code:
     <html>
      <head>
      </head>
      <body>
          <script type="text/javascript">
              varcount=10;
              functionobnoxious() { 
                      alert("56K Routering Intensifies!"); 
                   varerrorSound=newAudio('errorsound.mp3'); 
                      errorSound.play();
                }
                for(vari=0; i<count; i++){
                      obnoxious();
                }
          </script>
      </body>
      </html>
    If you want to see how it works for yourself then just record the Windows 98 chord video I linked at the beginning as an mp3 and save it "errorsound.mp3" somewhere on your computer. After that, save the code I made above as a ".html" (without quotes) file in the same directory you saved "errorsound.mp3". After that just click on the saved HTML and it should open in your browser of choice (mine was Firefox).

Muwahaha! I can script things now... annoying things! Click image for larger version

Name:	qk4oAk6.jpg?1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	950 Bytes
ID:	54459
    Rusakov's Signature
    This fight will be your death!

Hehe, if I understand your code right, it will throw up 10 alert boxes and play the sound until your count reaches 10. Loops are fun, especially when you start getting a handle on what loops to use for what circumstances.
    Daryn's Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
      Hehe, if I understand your code right, it will throw up 10 alert boxes and play the sound until your count reaches 10. Loops are fun, especially when you start getting a handle on what loops to use for what circumstances.
      Well each alert box only comes up after the alert previous to it is clicked off. But yes, that's what it does!
      Rusakov's Signature

Comment

I've made a neater version of the previous code. And since there's support for zip file attachments here, I've attached the whole application! Feel free to try it, either on yourself or your enemies.
        Attached Files
        Rusakov's Signature

Comment

Finally got the setTimeout function to work on it. For those who have the code downloaded then use the text editor to rewrite it like so:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-12-01 10-19-57.png
Views:	1
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	54480
          Rusakov's Signature

Comment

Working...
          X