Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[December 27th, 2017] Sci-Tech News Megapack

I'm just gonna do links this go around, arms are sore right now. x_x

Also, this'll probably be the last Megapack of the year.

Scientific American: Cracking the Brain's Enigma Code

Next Big Future: 1,000x improvement in resolution for self-driving car sensors

LEAF Science: SENS Anti-Aging Progress

Quartz: Google's voice-generating AI is now indistinguishable from human speech

Wired: Get Ready for Gene Editing 2.0
    Rusakov's Signature
    This fight will be your death!

Okay that Quartz speech synthesis is really something. I think I can pick the two apart, but it's really hard. The two sentences could very well have been done by the same person each time, just with slightly different inflections. It really is remarkable. Now text-to-speech audiobooks wouldn't be such a downer to listen to.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

I'm pretty surprised that no one mentions the recent SpaceX's Gryfalcon... I mean Falcon-9 launch that happened just a few days ago.

ABC News: SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket launches from California in spectacular glowing cloud

Comment

That was pretty awesome for sure! I wish it was called Gyrfalcon, though. Perhaps I may be a bit biased... Oddly though, SpaceX launches happen so often now that they're almost routine. It's when they make their major milestones that they seem to get more attention.
        Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

I think SpaceX may be aspiring to become something like...

Comment

Originally posted by Toris View Post
            I think SpaceX may be aspiring to become something like...

Hm.. Well I hope it doesn't go as horribly wrong for SpaceX as it did for them.
            Daryn's Signature

Comment

Working...
            X