Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dark Energy Survey update

For those unfamiliar: Overview - The Dark Energy Survey

Just a tweet for the moment (only two hours old).

Twitter

I'm so excited!
    Rusakov's Signature
    "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Fantastic! I can't say I was aware of this project before, but it sounds like a noble goal, and I'm always fond of mass international cooperation on projects like this - I genuinely feel it's endeavours such as this one that will eventually eradicate war once and for all. I know it's not their stated goal, but when nations interweave their efforts, funding and expertise in this manner, it enshrines the concept of cooperation and highlights the mutual benefits of peace, contrasted with the ever-higher cost of war.

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
      Fantastic! I can't say I was aware of this project before, but it sounds like a noble goal, and I'm always fond of mass international cooperation on projects like this - I genuinely feel it's endeavours such as this one that will eventually eradicate war once and for all. I know it's not their stated goal, but when nations interweave their efforts, funding and expertise in this manner, it enshrines the concept of cooperation and highlights the mutual benefits of peace, contrasted with the ever-higher cost of war.
      There's also this: Event Horizon Telescope

But not much news has been coming from them.
      Rusakov's Signature
      "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Comment

Working...
      X