Massive Attack ReIssuing Mezzanine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive Attack ReIssuing Mezzanine

So for the 20 year anniversary of the release of their breakout album Mezzanine, Massive Attack is reissuing the album in a very unique format. They're encoding the album into synthetic strands of DNA. The album will come in a can, and each can will contain approximately one million copies of the album.

Now, playing it back on the other hand, well, there aren't commercially available players to do that, yet. It makes me wonder if one could get this, and then use CRISPR to remix it?

Massive Attack To Reissue Mezzanine As DNA-Encoded Spray Paint | Music News | Consequence of Sound
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Nice. But I think this was posted in the wrong part of the forums.
    Rusakov's Signature
    "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Comment

LOL, I debated where to post it, and decided on the Science and Tech forum because of the format. Leave it to Massive Attack to do something like this.
      Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

And that's what I get for not reading the post. >.<
        Rusakov's Signature
        "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Comment

Happens to all of us, man.
          Daryn's Signature

Comment

Working...
          X