Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook's YouTube competitor pivoting to older audiences

Facebook Watch pivoting older audiences, teens tuning out

As Facebook struggles to find an audience for its YouTube competitor, Watch, the company has been talking to some media companies about focusing its efforts on audiences 30 years and older instead of teens and younger millennials. The move signals more troubles for Facebook's video ambitions. Expansion in video, messaging, and Stories are key for the future of Facebook, CEO Mark Zuckerberg said during a call with analysts in October. The company missed revenue projections in the third quarter after predicting a revenue slowdown earlier this year, and the company's stock is down more than 20 percent on the year. Selling video ads is one way it is looking to make up for the slowdown in other areas.
    My reaction:

Click image for larger version

Name:	cwDkJuM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	57655
    Rusakov's Signature
    "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Huh. I hadn't even heard of this service. I suppose anything Facebook does that falls on its face (pun not intended) is fine by me, although with YouTube being what it is, this is hardly a victory for the little guys XD

And in a way, I think I'd rather live in a world where every big net service has at least one decent rival. Monopolies, much like the game that bears its name, are no fun for anyone except the one with the most money...

Comment

Working...
    X