Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible late July presentation for SpaceX Starship

Techcrunch

Elon Musk was fielding a number of questions from fans on Twitter on Sunday, and revealed that the current target for a full presentation of Starship, SpaceX’s next-generation reusable rocket and a key piece of the company’s plan to reach Mars, could come as soon as “late July.”

The SpaceX CEO also noted that the company’s most recent test of one of its Raptor rocket engines (officially test “SN6”) was “overall successful,” despite an abort, as the whole purpose was to test the outward limits of the new engine’s tolerances on fueling-mixture ratios.
    Paws crossed!

SpaceX seems to give off an old-style NASA vibe to me. So I really hope this ends up being something cool. While Elon seems to have issues taking any sort of criticism and has said some really dumb stuff on Twitter, at least SpaceX seems like they're really making progress on their goals.

They also have great names for their stuff!
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Daryn View Post
      SpaceX seems to give off an old-style NASA vibe to me. So I really hope this ends up being something cool. While Elon seems to have issues taking any sort of criticism and has said some really dumb stuff on Twitter, at least SpaceX seems like they're really making progress on their goals.

They also have great names for their stuff!
      Indeed. Cool that the names were inspired by the Culture novels.

Also I think Shotwell is running most of the day-to-day stuff, so there's more "insulation" between Musk's antics and SpaceX vs. other companies he's involved in.

Comment

Working...
      X