Need a break

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a break

Guys, I'm sorry to do this, but there's been (another) fight in my family, and I'm probably not going to be able to write for a couple of days. No one's hurt or anything (they never get physical, thank god), but these always shake me up.

I'll reply in The Virus as soon as I can, but... that likely won't be today. And if things keep going like this, it might not be for a while.
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Okay, then we'll consider the roleplay on hold until things calm down for you.

Sorry to hear it, Arratra. I know family's important, but ask me, sometimes it's over rated, too.

Let us know when you're up to getting back into things again. We'll be here for ya.
    Rick Canaan's Signature
    A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Thanks, Rick.
      Arratra's Signature
      Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Originally posted by Arratra View Post
        Thanks, Rick.
        Always, man. Always.
        Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Really sorry to hear that, man. I hope that things calm down soon. Not sure what else to say that Rick hasn't, other than rough patches come and go.

Stay strong, man.
          Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

There is one more thing I will say.

Arratra, if you're able to, get yourself some gainful employment and get out of there. I don't know what the state of the economy is like where you are, or what kinds of jobs there are, but everybody can find something if they look hard enough and are determined enough.

Being on one's own is tough. But it's also immensely rewarding. I haven't had to depend on anybody in years, and in fact, sometimes have people who depend on me. You're your own boss at home, and your home is your home.

Some people have great families, but for the rest of us, a great family is a fantasy. It was for me. I got the hell out of there as soon as I was able to. I now have to listen to nobody, and if anybody starts any ruckus in my house, I tell them to either cool it or get the hell out. I just kicked a woman out of my house not two months gone. She was taking my friendship for granted and was using me so she could lay on her duff and do whatever she wanted. I didn't fight with her. I just told her to get out.

She moved back in with her mother. Good riddance.

The point I am trying to make, is if you have your own place, you don't have to put up with it. It's your place and your rules. Become your own man, man. Do what you gotta do, pull yourself up the bootstraps, whatever. But do something and get yourself away from that caustic environment.
            Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Doing what I can on the employment front. Prospects don't look to good, unfortunately; there are a lot of people a lot more qualified than I am in line for almost every one of the few jobs available here. I'm still having trouble getting further training

As for getting out of the house...

That's a more complicated (and private) situation than I'm comfortable putting on the internet (even an obscure little corner like ours), but leaving would be a lot more difficult than simply saying"Enough", getting a job and moving out.

Either way, things have calmed down, at least somewhat (and will probably stay reasonably calm for at least a few months; these fights don't happen with any kind of regularity, but that just leaves me even more out of sorts when they do happen). I should be able to get a reply in later today.
              Arratra's Signature
              Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Originally posted by Arratra View Post
                That's a more complicated (and private) situation than I'm comfortable putting on the internet
                That's completely understandable. If you'd like someone to talk to, though, or would just like to vent, please send me a PM. I'll be more than happy to listen, even if it's just you needing an outlet for all of this.
                Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Thanks, Rick. I don't think I'll need that, fortunately, but I appreciate the offer.
                  Arratra's Signature
                  Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

That really sucks, derg. D:

*cuddles*
                    Rusakov's Signature
                    "You drongos will have to do better than that if you want to beat the devil!"-Hugh Dawkins, alias: Tasmanian Devil

Comment

Yeah, I'm really sorry to hear that you've had to deal with this! You have my utmost sympathies, and I'm pleased it seems to have calmed down for the moment.

As Rick said, if you do ever want to vent (about this or anything else), do just drop us a line. Until then, know that you've got our thoughts and best wishes, and take all the time you need to feel right.

Comment

*Headesk*

I though things would at least calm down for a few months.

I was wrong.

*sigh*

There's been another fight.

The details are too personal for me to be comfortable putting it on the internet (I don't understand why some people plaster this kind of thing up all over the 'net)... but this was very poor timing, as I'm recovering from the flu (a thankfully fairly minor strain, though it knocked me flat for a couple of days), and the stress will not help.

Just... If I'm slow to make replies for a while, it's because of that.
                        Arratra's Signature
                        Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

You're kidding me. Oi.

I so wish you could get out of there. All of this nonsense can't be good for you. It isn't good for anybody!
                          Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Well...

It looks like it might hopefully be headed for a resolution.

Which is good, because these fights are stressful.
                            Arratra's Signature
                            Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Working...
                            X