Computers Suck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computers Suck

So a few days ago my laptop started having screen issues, so my mother got one of her old laptops (that in and of itself had some drama). The laptop had Windows 10 on it, I absolutely hate Windows 10 so I remove it and install a Linux distro on it instead.

Surprise! The display looked like crap and I couldn't figure out how to fix it. I tried making an X11 configuration that didn't work. Finally I found that the screen just wasn't detecting the proper resolution, so I fixed that. Then an hour ago I couldn't delete my cookies, queue refreshing Firefox and setting it back to what it was like before. Then I found out that the "apply" button wasn't visible the previous time. So I COULD have removed cookies without the refresh.

In short...

Ugh. That sounds pretty rough. I hope that you can get your other one going again, or failing that maybe use it with a monitor? Been through some issues like that with Linux on laptops and it really seems to be hit and miss.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

For the previous laptop it's a hardware problem. Can't exactly "fix it". Things are a little better now that I've got everything sorted out. Some of the hardware on this laptop sucks though.

Comment

Working...
      X