Roleplay idea; "Power Armoured"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest Check Roleplay idea; "Power Armoured"

Inspired by a combination of Anthem and Battletech, with some Fallout, Lost Planet, and Starcraft in the mix, I found myself with the bare bones of a roleplay idea that I wanted to share with everyone to see if anyone wants to give it a go.

The idea is that the setting is built pretty heavily around suits of powered armour, of the type seen in the above games. I definitely want to have player freedom, so expansion from there is pretty much guaranteed.

As for the actual setting; I'm leaning towards a post-apocalypse, though not the wastelands from Fallout.

If you guys have ideas, I'll gladly see if I can incorporate them.
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

This sounds like a pretty interesting concept, though if I may suggest something for the setting? Why not an unexplored planet? Where the environment, creatures, and plantlife is unknown, and possibly hostile to anyone who's not in a suit. A little like the situation anthem is in, but with a more frontier-like vibe.

Just an idea.
    Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

You've got a point there. An exploration of an unknown world would probably make for an interesting roleplay experience. It'd also give me a chance to practice describing environments.

Though it also means that the more heavily-armed and -armoured military-grade designs I've got bouncing around in my head make a great deal less sense for any of the characters to have.

I can definitely see where you're coming from, though. What does everyone else think?

Either way, I'll keep the idea we don't use recorded somewhere for use at a later date. Or possibly turn it into a story, maybe; I haven't actually posted any of my works on here for you guys to enjoy before (aside from the writing contests I mean).
      Arratra's Signature
      Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

A starship crash. Those aboard were a heavily armed mercinary unit. They'll all have different suits of armor that way. And the whole 'bring with' concept will be in play. Also, they're now marooned on this uncharted world, and turns out they needed the armor. This world could be in its like, dinosaur epoc or something.

Just some quick thoughts off the top of my head. And I'd be interested, too.
        Rick Canaan's Signature
        A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

SciFur Players: Alienbird, Arratra, Daryn, Rick Canaan and SliceofDog

Comment

Crashed on an unknown world... I like the idea.

To expand further on it, the mercenary group's ship (or potentially an FTL tug they'd chartered, if I go for a setting idea I have) suffered a drive malfunction, which has subsequently left them stranded on an unknown world, their ship damaged and now incapable of flight. Their power armour has come through intact; however, either their transport vehicles haven't, or the terrain is such that those vehicles that survived can't traverse it (leaning towards the latter here).

I have lots of ideas for this bubbling in my head now. I just need a title (the above is a working title) and possibly a name for the power armour (if I don't just stick to that), then I can put together a character sheet so we can get started on making our characters.

Arratra's Signature
          Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

OK, I've got a title and a setting good to go. I'm posting them up in a new thread.
            Arratra's Signature
            Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

I guess I'll use this as the OOC thread for the RP. Sadly there isn't a way to turn smilies off. Sorry about that. I'll think up my next post and respond. I think the log analysis will have to wait until after the field op.

Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Hey, just a quick question: Is the signal coming on a regular basis on an interval or just coming randomly now and then?
                Daryn's Signature

Comment

The signal is very weak, so they're only catching bursts of static (the burps that you hear when someone's depressing the press-to-talk button on a walkie-talkie), which are coming in at semi-random intervals; when you listen carefully, it's in the rough cadence of a conversation, with each burp of static being a different speaker.

The drone is also still a bit too far away to catch what's being said... for now.
                  Arratra's Signature
                  Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Not feeling so great (headache and a stuffy nose), so it might be a while before I can reply in the roleplay.

Of all the bad timing...
                    Arratra's Signature
                    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Hey man, stuff happens. If you don't feel up to it today, maybe you will tomorro when you get to feeling a bit better.
                      Daryn's Signature

Comment

Working...
                      X