No announcement yet.

Abyssal and Communal Galaxy RP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“I’ll do what I can, Captain,” Joshua replied, sliding into the gunnery station and starting to familiarise himself with it, “If I need to do it, I will, just… expect my flying to be rough.”

He paused as she explained the weapons loadout.

“Not precisely practical having to aim your bow right at the enemy in order to fire on them, is it?” he commented, before shrugging, “Yeah, I’m familiar enough with gunnery. I’ll just need to get used to this layout. Then I’ll familiarise myself with the helm.”

He leaned back and turned his head to look at the Captain as she continued speaking. Saikun’s interjection caused him to flick around, eyeing the Sirian.

“Freeport, huh? Seen a few of those before,” he commented, “Still, should be a good place to restock, find a mechanic or two, and some jobs. Though competition’s going to be tight there.”

He looked over his shoulder at his two new crewmates.

“Even if we’re a rag-tag bunch… It’s good to have someone watching my back again.”
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/3129425/Arratra

Deviantart
    http://arratra.deviantart.com/

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

“Well this is a retrofitted military cruiser.” Erna said as she sat back in her captain's chair and flexed her feet for a while as the ship picked up more and more speed, the faster it was going the more smooth it felt. “So imagine about a dozen of these pointing at a waiting fleet or flanking it from the side and opening up with a salvo of what frankly are capital class weapons. And even among just the normal vessels we are barely considered to be large. Lots of single use power in a small package. Great for hammering the side of a station or carrier.” She once again took a sip from her cup of air and rolled her eyes at herself. “But after approach and turning they are pretty much useless yes.”

In the distance a second dot started to be visible as light reflected off it. It was the station circling the planet and soon the Abyssal picked up its energy signature and placed it on the monitors. One of the still dark monitors came online when Erna pushed a few buttons and at first it just showed the green No Signal text before seeming to try to connect to whatever net the Freeport was providing.
      A small hexagonal logo with a white flag, the sign of independence before any real colors had been chosen, showed up on it and then was replaced by a bunch of text that a calm, male sounding voice started to read out.

“... once again letting us know how dangerous it is in the Frontier is another report of large vessels coming under attack by ships of unknown design and now a station has had to be abandoned as it came under heavy fire by a strange ship flying no colors. Survivors who were on the command deck of Lunar Station 83, situated around the gas giant's moon designated Taurin 4 II, said that a strange crystal-like craft appeared and opened fire without warning and ignored any and all hails, even those of surrender.
      Very little footage has survived and has been confiscated by the station's corporation but from what reporters were able to find out the unidentified craft must have been using beam weaponary since, Quote; “No shots could be seen incoming but our shields were torn down in seconds.”
      When the mercenary company Hydra arrived on scene the station had already been evacuated and seemingly torn to shreds. Hydra stayed to help the local services with search and rescue.”

Erna raised her one eyebrow. “Guess we shall not go to Taurin. Wherever that one may be.”

By now the station was quickly taking shape in the distance.
      Miqu's Signature
      Curio Valence Character Sheet

Curio Valance Backstory

Orbona, Doomed Orbital FAQ

Comment

The Sirian still had some minor issues piloting a big ship such as The Abyssal, yet Saikun placed the ship right into the station's range flawlessly. He took into account every single random issue, such as other ships or the fact of orbital revolve that - for spatial realities - had important value. It wasn't really anything that hard for a skilled pilot but every single second mattered in approach.

"This isn't the cargo you are looking for," the fox omniously spoke to himself as a joke rather than to anyone else, as someone had been issuing a small scan request in regard to certain cargo pieces. Even though it was Freeport it seemed that that not every single item could be allowed around it. "Any idea why they might be scanning ships, anyway?" he looked at Erna with a puzzled face. "I mean... isn't it a FREE port after all?"

The fox looked back at the screens, humming around as if awaiting the answer.

Comment

“So it’s primarily as a surprise punch, then,” Joshua said, frowning slightly, before shrugging, “Well, I guess they have their uses, or else they never would have been installed.”

He listened to the news report with a frown, one that deepened when the name of the devastated station was mentioned.

“I’ve been there,” he replied to Erna’s comment, “The Delta Fangs stopped off there to refuel once while we were travelling to a contract location. I don’t think it’s far from here, either.”

He tapped his snout with a cybernetic finger.

“But... crystalline ships? Strange...”

He glanced over at Saikun.

“They probably don’t want to earn a reputation as a smuggling den,” he stated, “Even if some cargoes that might have to be smuggled elsewhere are legal here, they’ll still want to know it’s coming in, if only to charge the appopriate fees.”
          Arratra's Signature
          Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

“Correct.” Erna said to Drake's response. “Let through a few live stock and soon slavers will get interested followed swiftly by the nearest government who now have a new excuse to recapture the station.”

She shifted in her seat as the fox took over controls but her hand stayed near the override for now. “They are also checking for radiation and potential leaks. You don't want any illness on a station or a breakout of radiation sickness. It spreads like wildfire in such a tight enclosure.”
            She smirked. “And if this is your first venture near the Frontier's furthest borders you'll hear some strange things.”

Now that the Abyssal was closing in to the station it started showing its shape. It was a simple rotating cylinder from the outside with small docking ports all over her hull for ships and some extruding umbilical sections to connect to much larger ships. The Abyssal fit in one of the small docking bay.

“This is Captain Bartley of the Abyssal requesting docking for refueling. Currently looking for jobs. We are a corvette class and have nothing to declare or trade.” Erna said once they were close enough to see the individual small windows all over the boring looking station. It spun to give the inside more of a gravity boost and consisted mostly of dull metal hallways and compartments, thus relying heavily on incoming trade for food and water. Because of this there was a constant stream of other ships going to and from the station.

The Freeport confirmed and on Saikun's dash a path to the docking port lit up.
            Miqu's Signature
            Curio Valence Character Sheet

Curio Valance Backstory

Orbona, Doomed Orbital FAQ

Comment

"If this place doesn't have good booze, I'm ramming the station the second time we resupply here," the fox joked.

The Abyssial swiftly went around the busy area filled with many bigger and smaller ships which crews enjoyed the Freeport's possibilities. Saikun got a bit nervos when he saw three Headhammer-class vessels, which were stable of big bounty hunting group known as Azure Sharks. A very funny name consindering these were shark-like bipedal creatures, but since some humans labeled them like that - these Liirans, as it was their species name, took it as their own.

Liirans come from a small aquatic planet in Liir System. They are relatively shorter than humans, can breathe both normal oxygen and dissolved oxygen in water. The fact they are perfect swimmers quickly adapted them to zero-g enviroments and thanks to their biological structure they suffer very little issues when deprived of gravity for months. The downside is they need to wear special suilt that prevents from dehydration, although a typical Liiran can always use shower four times a day to reinforce himself in water. Unlike sharks or similiar feral species, they do have a very short fur as addition to normal shark body scales.

"Please do tell me we are not going to deal with these guys," Saikun asked and looked at Erna. "Some corporate a-hole put a bounty on me like a year ago... They don't have good treatment for 'Wanted Alive'."

Comment

“Like I said, it’s not the first time I’ve been in the Frontier,” Joshua replied to Erna, “We didn’t go any further out than Taurin – our previous job was actually a jump closer to the Core Worlds - and we didn’t stay long, but we did enter.”

Saikun’s joke about ramming the station earned the Sirian a deadpan look from over Joshua’s shoulder, before the lace monitor returned to the gunnery station, fingers running across the buttons as he familiarised himself with them.

“Hammerheads? The Azure Sharks?” he asked rhetorically when he saw the ships, “Liiran outfit. Interesting. I know them by reputation, but I’ve never actually encountered them before; the Delta Fangs never ran into them.”

He paused.

“I’m left wondering what happened to have a bounty placed on your head, but I suspect that’s a story for another time,” Joshua said after a moment, before turning to Erna.

“What’s the plan, Captain?”
                Arratra's Signature
                Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Working...
                X