Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Virus (Character Notes, OOC Discussion, etc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RP (Open, Recruiting) The Virus (Character Notes, OOC Discussion, etc)

Write up your character sheets in here. You can then link this thread in your signature if you want to. I'll also be keeping game notes in this thread. I'll make a notation in the roleplay itself, to let everyone know when I've dropped something important in here.
    Rick Canaan's Signature
    A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

SciFur Players: Alienbird, Arratra, Daryn, Rick Canaan and SliceofDog

Well, here's my character.

:::

Name: Adrian Steelfang

Species: Dragon

Scale colour: Midnight blue

Eye colour: Amber with blue ring around rim of iris.

Horn colour: Steel grey

Mane colour: Vivid blue

Wing membrane: Mottled pale grey underside, midnight blue upper surface

Height: 2.13 metres (About 7 foot)

Weight: 87 kg (about 192 pounds)

Nationality: Australian

Former occupation: Mechanic, Amateur Blacksmith

Other notes: Mildly photosensitive; he needs to wear sunglasses (or a wraparound visor that he owns) when in direct sunlight, or he’s forced to squint from discomfort. His species grows at a normal rate to sexual maturity, but the ageing process slows dramatically after that. Despite being age 35, Adrian is actually still fairly young.
    Last edited by Arratra; 2 weeks ago.
    Arratra's Signature
    Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Not bad, Arratra. You can go ahead and make an opening post in the roleplay too, if you want to. I've laid out what the situation is. How would you like for your guy to respond?

Also, I've come up with a few ideas about why your guys were there:

Arratra, your guy being a mechanic, was there doing an emergency repair on a semi when the outbreak happened. He, like everyone else, was forced to stay by martial law being declared by the governor. Your guy had his tow truck, all of his emergency-repair tools and stuff like that when he got stranded there.

Just an idea for you. You can come up with one of your own if you want - this is just an opening suggestion for you.

Slice, your guy was there because he was working for his dad. He was there to scout a new office location for his dad's company. It's what I've come up with off the top of my head. If you have a better one, then by all means, please run with it.
      Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Name: Mickey Mackarcy

Species: Dog (Labrador)

Fur colour: Solid black

Eye colour: Green

Height: 1.78 metres (5 ft 11 inch)

Weight: 72 kg (about 159 pounds)

Nationality: American

Former occupation: Assistant Director of MIC (Mackarcy Industrial Concerns)

Other notes: Mr Mackarcy, Mickey's father, is one of the richest men in America, with his company providing a variety of services to other businesses. MIC is not necessarily a household name, but many office workers or investors will come across their products or services on a daily basis. Mickey's position in MIC is purely due to the influence of his father, and not due to any particular skills or experience on Mickey's behalf. Mickey is seen by many as brash and entitled, although this masks a deep-rooted fear of inadequacy and desire to be valued beyond his father.

[Edit - I hadn't realised it had been 9 years since the zombocalypse! I amended his age to account for that, since he definitely wasn't 12 when his dad sent him to scope out new retail...]

[Edit edit - It seems the "9 years" may have been a typo, since another post makes it 9 months and the original outline said a year. I'll revert to the original age, but let me know if that doesn't work out]
        SliceOfDog's Signature
        My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

Okay. Good deal, Slice. Now all you gotta do is make an opening post.

We'll start you in Subtropolis, too.
          Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Yeah, we'll just say the virus happened a year ago. I think I was flipping back and forth on that, not remembering for sure what I'd said and being too tired to go back and check. So we'll just say it was a year ago.
            Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Just a quick note: Dragons like Adrian have a very long lifespan, but they subsequently also have a low birth-rate; a dragoness can have a child roughly every five-to-ten years. Twins are unusual, and larger multiples are vanishingly rare.

As mentioned in the RP post, the longevity and low birth rate of his species (and not Denise's appearance: he cares much more about her personality) are why Adrian is wary of pursuing love with Denise (or anyone in Subtropolis), though the latter isn't entirely founded as he's male.
              Last edited by Arratra; 2 weeks ago. Reason: Adding clarification
              Arratra's Signature
              Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Arratra, go ahead and respond to Slice's post. There's some room for character interaction there, and I don't want to be stepping on it just to be posting something.
                Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Right. Thanks, Rick.
                  Arratra's Signature
                  Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Hey, perhaps this is a silly question, but with the announcement about SciFiFur closing down, are we carrying on this RP until it does, or calling it here?
                    SliceOfDog's Signature
                    My Insatiable Curiosity RP character - Haheen Jaquoi

Comment

Originally posted by SliceOfDog View Post
                      Hey, perhaps this is a silly question, but with the announcement about SciFiFur closing down, are we carrying on this RP until it does, or calling it here?
                      That's up to you guys, really. Although, since it often takes you three or four days to write your posts, Slice, I don't see any point in continuing. With a post rate like that, it'll be impossible to get any momentum going or to really get into the story with the time we have left.

So given that, in the end, I suppose no.
                      Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Although, if this is something you guys want to continue, why not do it via email?
                        Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

That's going to be tricky... and the email system might erroneously flag it as spam (it's done it to me before).

That being said, if we can get past those challenges... maybe. Using CC would make it easy to send our replies to both participants (though I can see a potential difficulty with posting order).

What do you think, Rick, Slice?
                          Arratra's Signature
                          Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

I don't think I am going to be up for this. Once we close the site down, I am going to need to put it fully behind me. The decision to close the site has caused me a lot of emotional turmoil. It is something I am going to need to put behind me and not look back at when I do.
                            Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Working...
                            X