Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Virus (Character Notes, OOC Discussion, etc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, nice to see a new player joining us

Glad to see you've already posted in the RP as well! I'll look into replying tonight (not sure if you've met up with our characters yet, read this before your post)

Comment

Arratra, I'm going to need a little more before I'll want to post. I want to get BrutusRat's character joined up with you guys. Therefore, do you all start driving toward the I-435 bypass, or do you decide to go back to SubTropolis first? You can just let me know here if you want, and I can take it from there.
      Rick Canaan's Signature
      A balanced diet is an ice cream cone in each hand - Rick Canaan

Comment

Was planning in continuing on along the road; Adrian doesn't want to return to Subtropolis without the fuel and/or some other method of powering the place.

They might even still be at the Pilot station when they encounter Tobias; loading and securing everything they wanted would have taken a while.
        Arratra's Signature
        Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Okay, but Tobias is about five miles away. It would be too far for anybody to walk, given the danger of the creatures. Nobody in their right mind would want to, anyway. So I'll just assume you started your drive, then, and write it accordingly once I do my post this evening.
          Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Oh and by the way, this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Adrian tow truck.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	56930

this is what Adrian's tow truck looks like. All except the exhaust stacks, of course - as Adrian's truck is electric.

Thought it'd be nice to have a visual reference, and I thought Adrian needed something pretty badass, besides.
            Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Ooohhohoho

I like it!
              Arratra's Signature
              Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

Originally posted by Arratra View Post
                Ooohhohoho

I like it!
                Might come in handy for ramming through those occasional gates, eh? This beast'd surely do it!
                Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Okie, it looks like we're all caught up on posts. At this point I'm going to butt out for a few more posts, so you all can indulge in some character development, introductions and the like too and all that. I'll post again when you all get ready to move on, or if you want to do something that will require me describing stuff for you.

And great job so far, everybody. We got some good character development going on here, certainly!
                  Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Hey guys. I'd like to join in! I hope this character will be able to bring something to the party!

Name: Geoff Carlton
                    Species: Fox
                    Fur colour: Dark red and white, with a few bits of grey
                    Eye colour: Greenish Yellow
                    Height: 1.74m
                    Weight: 80kg
                    Nationality: American
                    Former occupation: Entrepreneur, Engineer

Geoff was an Entrepreneur that moved to Kansas City a decade ago just as the tech sector was establishing itself. As Silicon Valley became more and more toxic, it was clear to him that he needed to start his business elsewhere. That business was the Helping Paw Makerspace. If you wanted to learn to build things, fix things, or learn how to live off the grid, you could go there, pay the membership fee and then do exactly that. If Jeff wasn't teaching the classes, he had a staff of several others who did.

Jeff's home had been running exclusively off of solar power and battery banks for five years. When the virus struck, he saw much of his staff turn right there in front of him. It was complete chaos and Jeff had been shaken up pretty badly. After several days of hiding out in his makerspace's basement, he got up the courage to go back out and try to keep living as best he could. That meant going home, making sure his solar cells worked, and hunker down and salvage where he needed to.

Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Welcome aboard then, birdy!

Or err, should I say foxie?

Hee!

Hehe, either way, I'll try to get you worked in with my next post.

That might be tonight or tomorrow, depending on what work does.
                      Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Screech! Er, I mean, Arf!

Looking forward to it!
                        Daryn's Signature

“Just when you think humanity has found the limits of stupid, they go and ratchet up the standard by another notch.” - Bob

Comment

Great to see you joining us, Daryn, I look forward to meeting Geoff!

Comment

Hah! It looks like you and I wrote our posts at the same time this morning, Arratra! You can go ahead and do a short follow-up if you want. I'll edit out the 'waiting for Arratra' bit.

Also, the deal with Tobias collapsing wasn't arbitrary on my part. BrutusRat and I, we actually discussed it as we were speaking on the phone last night.
                            Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

*silly voice* I'm a ninja!

Anyway, the follow-up's done.
                              Arratra's Signature
                              Fanfiction

Deviantart

Insatiable Curiosity

Major Leon Stormstrider

Varatyr Scorchtalon

Comment

You certainly may, Ember. (I saw your post in the roleplay. I deleted it from there, as we like to keep all OOC discussion about the roleplay in this forum.)

If you want to join, just follow everyone else's examples above and make up a character. When you have it ready, I'll have a look over it, and then once I approve it, you'll be ready to go. I'll work you in as soon as when my next post comes up, after your character has been approved.
                                Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

I was wondering if my character could have Prior Experience? Maybe like a S.WA.T team or Army unit, or some form of combat skill

Comment

Yep. In fact, you can be a Green Baret out of Fort Riley, near Junction City Kansas. When I work you into the roleplay, you will have been spending the last months working your way to Kansas City. The army base had run out of food, and so you had to leave it in hopes of finding more.
                                    Rick Canaan's Signature

Comment

Sweet, imma work on my character soon

Comment

((Should Ember be with a squad that eventually dies Except for ember?
                                        I'm reasonably sure they wouldn't send just one soldier, usually they use a buddy system of at least two soldiers
                                        That way if one goes down the other can alert the rest of the Forces))

Comment

((Alright, done. Let me know if you want anything changed or added))
                                          Name: Ember Kamura
                                          Species:Wolfox (Wolf/Fox hybrid)
                                          Fur color: Mostly black with Blue markings
                                          Eye color:Blue
                                          Height: 6′4″ tall
                                          Weight:240 lbs (Very muscular)
                                          Nationality:American
                                          Occupation:Soldier/Green beret (Corporal)

Ember Kamura is a soldier of the American military Green Berets, He decided to enlist in washington and became a Member of American Special Forces (Specifically the 3rd Special forces group), As such he is skilled in a variety of things including firearms. He also knows survival skills and can survive in isolation for long periods of time due to his survival training.
                                          As soon as the outbreak occoured, Ember was sent with a platoon to Junction City in an attempt to keep order, the attempt failed and the Remaining Military members fell back to Fort Riley, the base survived for a long period of time due to it's supply of rations and Emergency Generators. Due to the outbreak however,Supplies were cut off completely, The rations and Fuel would soon run out.
                                          Eventually Ember was sent to scavenge supplies,His search area was quite large, Eventually working his way up into Kansas City.

Comment

Working...
                                          X